Yawn...ho hum

Have fun and enjoy. stories, humour, comments or whatever, but keep it in good taste, this site is viewed by all ages and religions.

Moderator: Mark Llew

Yawn...ho hum

Postby JosephGibbons » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:37 am

Yawn...ho hum
Last edited by JosephGibbons on Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JosephGibbons

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:04 am

Come on JG, only you can making your life interesting. There must be something that revs your engine. Tell us about it, get something going.

:roll:

Re: [Yawn]...ho hum

Postby colbuki » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:09 pm

JosephGibbons wrote:[Yawn]...ho hum

too much going on right now to be a driving force here, just trying to keep it all together.

we're ALWAYS happy to play along though so please JG bring some spice and life out... we're here!
colbuki

Postby JosephGibbons » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:48 pm

Sounds like therapy :roll:

OK. Try this. Dichloroacetate. A common chemical was found to shut all cancer cells off in rats. They're doing the research now, but the pharmaceutical companies won't pay for it. Why? Because they won't make a profit without a patent. Who's paying for the research? Universities, government, charity, etc. Makes ya think. :shock:
JosephGibbons

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:51 am

That looks great. Imagine a simple thing like taking a pill and shutting down cancer cells. What about taking it preemptively?
Michael Xanthios

Postby JosephGibbons » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:08 pm

yawn again
JosephGibbons

Postby colbuki » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:38 pm

well I never did get the aforementioned counselling... sorry we're not all that entertaining right now. We go through waves of busy and waves where we're not. Guess we've been at low tide for a while but it will turn again. Why don't you start us off.

Go ahead Joseph, tell me a story... try and get that post count of yours up a bit and show us how it should be done...
colbuki

Postby JosephGibbons » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:41 am

Fine 8)

Have you noticed that the dates of celebration throughout the year have a consumerist motivation lurking within?
JosephGibbons

Postby tmitm » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:49 am

If you're not going to consume when you celebrate what are you going to do, Fast.
tmitm

Postby tmitm » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:34 am

JG
I just finished a study on sex. It seems us Canadians aren't keeping our end up.
With about the same land mass China has 137 people per sq km, USA 31 and Canada with a mere 3.2.

I see Vatican City knows how to get it done 1780 per sq km.
tmitm

tmitm

Postby mjmward » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:14 pm

You have to much time on your hands
mjmward

Postby tmitm » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:44 pm

Ok so the next study will be hands on.
tmitm

Postby JosephGibbons » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:34 pm

sigh...anybody watch a good movie lately?
JosephGibbons

Postby jester1-2 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:10 am

Nooo, not really, have you? :( :(

Try these.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwQnlZIAfg4
YouTube - Funniest Whose Line Ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne_GppWY ... ed&search=
YouTube - WLiiA - I Dropped My Chips In Your Nuts (Full)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxxpkir8 ... ed&search=
YouTube - Party Quirks - Colin grabs everybody's privates

Or pick your own........

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=w ... yway&hl=en
whose line is it anyway - Google Video

I think the British ones are the best because there are less restrictions and censorship on British TV than American........
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jester1-2

Postby colbuki » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:19 pm

I saw the Prestige on the plane and was really excited when I saw what the movie was going to be... can't say it was great though, I was pretty disappointed in it.

Hey JG, what was the last movie you saw?? you look a little like the off the beaten track kind of film guy, am I right?
colbuki

Postby JosephGibbons » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:23 pm

Well, I watched the Rocky Horror Picture Show on DVD just recently. It reeked. What was the big deal all about? A man in garters? Men have been doing that for at least a hundred years in Canada. It's called hockey equipment. :shock: Maybe, macho hockey players hold deep secret fantasies of sex and violence. That's none of my business though. :wink:
JosephGibbons

Postby Lisa Copland » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:12 pm

My fifteen year old and all her friends love The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Of course, they are a little offbeat....
Lisa Copland

Rocky Horror picture show...

Postby deeds30 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:15 am

Imagine fun participation Rocky Horror...Toast, Wedding Rice, water guns for rain...

Pookie are you out there? Bring back any memories? 8)
deeds30

well

Postby colbuki » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:49 am

I didn't love so much the Rocky Horror Picture Show as the ambience and the props.

I saw on the plane out to BC The Prestige... what a disappointment. I had wanted to see it when it came out, magicians are cool... I was bored to tears and didn't enjoy it at all. I think they could have done a much better job of it.

Haven't been to a theatre since I don't know when... gotta fix that !
colbuki

Postby Barry Jowett » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:06 pm

Rocky Horror is something you're supposed to experience as an event ... so watching it on DVD isn't going to do much for you. As a movie alone, it's not good. I've got it on my list of the worst movies ever made. But the 'theatre' experience -- or so I'm told -- is a blast, so I can't knock the phenomenon.

To make an analogy ... You wouldn't want to watch a game of Monopoly on TV, but you might love it when you're playing the game. (Assuming you like Monopoly, of course ... If not, insert your favourite game in this space.)
Barry Jowett

Postby George Kennedy » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:34 pm

And that Tim Currie is hot!!! :shock:
George Kennedy

Postby Lisa Copland » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:53 pm

[quote="Barry Jowett"]Rocky Horror is something you're supposed to experience as an event ... so watching it on DVD isn't going to do much for you. [quote]

My daughter's friend has cool parents - they were allowed to use the props - in their family room! :shock:

I'm just not that nice!
Lisa Copland

in the living room?

Postby deeds30 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:46 pm

OMG...I cannot imagine the mess of having toast, rice and water sprayed all over the living room. What a mess!
deeds30

Postby George » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:26 pm

Geez, people, I can't believe that anyone would even *try* to watch the movie on TV, it's awful. This film is meant to be experienced! Not watched!

I went to see it twice at the Roxie in T.O. The first time as a spectator, the second as a "participant". The second time was waaay better: where else can a couple of teenage guys hop in a van, drive to Yorkdale, jump on the subway, and see a movie; All the time surrounded by teenage girls dressed in lingerie?!?! :shock:

Of course, this other guy and myself were dressed up in drag (talk about bravery, but man, was it worth it!) :shock: :shock: :shock:

With all those girls... and all that lace... a once in a lifetime experience, let me tell you... :D

(and before anyone gets too up in arms about immoral behaviour, it was all good, clean, innocent fun (much to my chagrin) :roll: ).
George

Next

Return to Oddz-n-Sodz