Dave Wrightsmith is coming for a visit!

Read Only - Includes messages from both "The Anything Forum" and "The Good Morning Forum".

Dave Wrightsmith is coming for a visit!

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:48 pm

:D
Hello friends on Dave
On December 2 Dave will be coming to Georgetown for the day and would really like to see some of his friends. How say we get together for dinner that night. We had a great time at Smitty's and also at Shoeless Joe's. Please post if interest in meeting at either of these locations or make a suggestion. I will also send email to those folks that were there at previous gathering and if you would pass the word and get back to me before, say November 11, 2006 or ASAP, that way I can make the arrangements.
Regards,
Don
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Gloria Jones » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:15 am

I would love to see Dave again and get together, but at the moment I have something tentative on that date. Will let you know as soon as it is confirmed or not.
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

comin' home

Postby david wright smith » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:59 pm

Hi everyone
it's been over a year since I posted ....as Jeepster....but i figured I'd better start using the name as everyone knows me (who is this Jeepster guy anyway)?

So, I'll be in Georgetown on dec.2nd and would like to get together with a bunch of old amigos and acquaintances as we've done several times now over the past few years.
Someone mentioned BOSTON PIZZA. So 630 pm on dec. 2nd. Last time we had about 16 folks show up and we all had a great time reminiscing about the past and yacking about everything and nothing.
here's my email dws50@shaw.ca
Regards Dave
david wright smith

Reservations Have Been Made for DECEMBER 2 at BOSTON PIZZA!

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:30 pm

Hello everyone!
Those that would like to say hello to DAVE WRIGHTSMITH, I have made reservations at BOSTON PIZZA on Guelph Street in front of CANADIAN TIRE, for the Dinning Room for between 6:30 and 7:00 PM If you will be there for dinner please let me know at don@fensal.com , you are welcome to drop by after to say hello and join us for some chatter.
Regards,
Don

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:24 pm

It looks like a dozen or more joining Dave at BOSTON PIZZA December 2 for a bite around 6:30-7:00 o'clock area, if you would like to join us, that would be great, or any time during the evening, we should be there at least 3 hours, everyone that will be there, you will likely know or get to meet that night. It promises to be an early stroll down MEMORY LANE. The reservation is under my name, we will be in the dining room.
You are more than welcome, let's show Dave and his son an old time Georgetown welcome!
Hope to see you there, next Saturday.
Regards,
Don Fendley

Postby Gloria Jones » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:42 am

Hi Don: As I posted earlier, I had a tentative engagment that has since firmed up. Will miss seeing Dave, but hopefully see him at the Homecoming.

Have fun everyone!
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

comin home

Postby david wright smith » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:20 pm

Hi all
Well, out here on the west coast we're snowed in!!!!!!!
This morning we woke up to about 12 inches of snow and i must say it looks pretty. (knowing of course it will be all gone in a day or 2 and likely won't return til next year).
we knew this was coming of course. we'd been in vancouver this weekend for The Rolling Stones concert and it started just as we we're leaving downtown vancouver.
i must say, it was fantastic!!!!!!!!!! Mick was performing like it was his last night on stage and keef got a standing ovation when he sachayed up to his mic and rested his arm over it. he looked like he was crying and then he went into one of his more recent songs which I forget right now. He performed 3 of his own songs then and then the rest of the band came in. Priceless. Charlie played more jazzlike than usual and was in really good spirits being as he'd gone thru cancer treatment recently. it was well worth it and you know you get all these fleeting thoughts running thru your mind when they're performing like .....wow these guys have been part of my life since I was 14 years old!!!!!!!!and look at them!!!!!!!!! 8) . They had a huge stage and the largest jumbotron ever used for a rock concert. then they had a 250 foot track that brought a big chunk of their stage down to the other end of the floor and Mick was just jumping up and down flailing his arms inciting that end of the crowd to an absolute frenzy (and everyone else too) then he would run not jog back down and across and up a ramp all the while sing and testifying for 21/2 hours. The did exemplary versions of Sympathy For The Devil and encored with You can't always get what You want and of course Satisfaction.
Bonnie raitt opened for them She was very good as expected but her show wasn't a good fit for a 60.000sized stadium.
anyway, i'm now getting ready to spend a few days in Ontario with one day only in gtown so i'm looking forward to seeing everyone planning to come for dinner at Boston Pizza on saturday Night!!!!!!!!!!!
dave
david wright smith

Postby Gloria Jones » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:59 pm

Hey Don: How did the dinner go with Dave?
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:52 am

:)
Hi Gloria and to anyone interested
Dinner with Dave Wrightsmith was great, we met at Boston Pizza around 6:30, Dave, his son, Cal, Connie and her husband were all ready there when Linda and I arrived, soon after Doreen and Ernie Sheppard arrived, then Sue Hansford(Jones) arrived, it was really great to see Sue, I have not seen here in awhile, then Peter & Bonnie Booth and Al Ward & Leslie Hansen arrived, good food, good friends and good conversation, it was a great night. We departed somewhere around 8:30-8:45 area, Dave left for Ottawa on Sunday to visit more of his family.
He said to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and said he would be back next year, for at least the HOMECOMING, he is planning his holidays around it.

comin home

Postby david wright smith » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:09 pm

Hi All
Well, I'm back home now and were back to our normal winter weather patterns. It was great as always to see my friends from so long ago. Too short though. My son Jordan and I drove up to Ottawa to visit his sister who's going to school at Algonquin College. That also was much too short but she's starting her exams and we had to say goodbye almost as soon as we got there it seemed.
Today Heather, my oldest son Evan and I are off to Courtney to visit more friends of 30 years standing. They live about 100yards from the ocean about 15 miles north of town in a little place called Merville which was the first place I came to when I first arrived on the island way back in 1972. Tonight we'll be sitting amidst a grove of trees in front of a big fire watching the cruise ships scudding down the inside strait like wraiths floating in blackness; weather permitting of course and likely it'll be mild enough.
Then my oldest daughter will be here this weekend from Vancouver with my new grandson (actually he's almost a year oldbut I haven't seen him forabout 6 weeks). So a very busy week off to see family and friends and then back to work on Monday.
Next summer we're planning a trip to Britain with a stop off in Gtown for the homecoming. See you all then!
Dave
david wright smith

Return to Archives - Anything in General