DEATH NOTICES

Read Only

DEATH NOTICES

Postby Gloria Jones » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:19 pm

Lillian Mary <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Watson</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->,<br>Passed away peacefully at Peel Manor, Brampton on Sunday September 18th, 2005, in her 99th year. Lillian, loved daughter of the late Charles and Emma (Hoare) Watson of Georgetown. Dear sister of the late Jack. Predeceased by her special friend A.C. (Tommy) McMurchy. Affectionately remembered by Bruce and Beverley McMurchy and family. Longterm employee of Silver Store, Georgetown. She was a vivacious woman committed to fashion and an efficient assistant to Sid Silver. <br>Friends will be received at the J.S. Jones & Son Funeral Home, 11582 Trafalgar Road, north of Maple Ave., Georgetown, (905)877-3631 on Thursday September 22nd, 2005, from 1- 2pm. Funeral service will be held in the chapel at 2 pm. Interment at Greenwood Cemetery, Georgetown. <br>In memory contributions to Peel Manor (525 Main Street, N. Brampton, ON, L6X 1N9) would be appreciated. To send expressions of sympathy visit www.jsjonesandsonfuneralhome.com<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Evans</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, Leslie<br>Peacefully, on Saturday September 17th, 2005, at the William Osler Health Centre, Georgetown Campus. Les, in his 79th year, beloved husband of Irene for the past 55 years. Loving father of Christine and her husband Simon and Jackie and her husband Bernie. Cherished grandfather of Matthew, Nicholas, Meghan, Andrew, Katie, Stephanie and Emma. Les was an avid golfer and will be missed by his friends at North Halton Golf and Country Club. We would like to give a heartfelt thank you to Dr's Paul and Debbie Zeni for the compassion and respect shown to dad.<br>Friends will be received at the J.S. Jones & Son Funeral Home, 11582 Trafalgar Road, north of Maple Ave., Georgetown, (905)877-3631 on Wednesday September 21st, 2005 from 12:30 - 1:30 pm. Where a memorial service will be held in the chapel at 1:30 pm. Cremation has taken place. <br>In memory contributions to the William Osler Health Centre, Georgetown Campus or the Cancer Assistance Services of Halton Hills would be appreciated. <br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Mckee</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, George F. <br>Suddenly on Thursday September 15th 2005, at the Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital. Beloved husband of the late Alice McKee (nee Gostick) George was one of 5 brothers and 7 sisters. Loved father of Sharlene Pelley and her husband Dave, Darlene Hall and her husband Dave, Richard and his wife Cheryl and George Vance McKee. Cherished grampa of Carrie, Shawn, Lynn (Shayne), Heather (Shawn), Graham, Richard, Jennifer and Brandon. Great Grampa of Shawn, Matthew, Tyrone, Thomas, Matthew, George and Alyssa. <br>Friends will be received at the J.S. Jones & Son Funeral Home, 11582 Trafalgar Road, north of Maple Ave., Georgetown, (905) 877-3631 on Monday September 19th 2005, from 1:00 pm until time of memorial service at 2:00pm. Cremation has taken place. <br>In memory contributions to the Heart and Stroke Foundation or the Canadian Cancer Society would be appreciated.<br><br><!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Bunton,</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END--> Leonard George<br>Suddenly on September 15th 2005, at the Georgetown District Memorial Hospital. Leonard Bunton in his 90th year. Loving husband of the late Jessie Bunton (nee Wright, 1991) Dear father of Robert and his wife Anna, Lenore Holder and her husband John, Peggy Robb and her husband Dave and Leonard and his wife Barb. Survived by his brother William "Bill" Bunton and predeceased by his brothers Victor and Earl. Loved Grampa to 12 grandchildren and 22 great grandchildren. <br>Friends will be received at the J.S. Jones & Son Funeral Home, 11582 Trafalgar Road, north of Maple Ave., Georgetown, (905)877-3631 on Sunday from 2-4 & 7-9 pm. Funeral service will be held in the chapel on Monday September 19th at 11:00 am. Interment at Brampton Cemetery, Brampton. <br>In memory contributions to the Humane Society would be appreciated. <br><br> <p></p><i></i>
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Re: DEATH NOTICES

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:04 pm

I remember Lilian Watson working at Silvers in the 50's. It made me stop and remember the store... men on one side, ladies wear on the other and shoes downstairs. Mr. Thompson sold shoes and Lilian Watson and her brother Jack both worked there. It was a very busy store...where Young's Drug Store is now. <p></p><i></i>

Re: DEATH NOTICES

Postby Gloria Jones » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:10 pm

I remember Lillian also Ruth. Yes, Silver's was the store in Town for all clothing and shoes. It's also where John Viera began working when he was going to school and now owns his own very successful clothing store - JV Clothing in the Mall. <p></p><i></i>
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Return to Archives - Old News & GDHS