Many interesting people from GEORGETOWN...

Welcome to Hometown? ... Georgetown!, a place to view and relive some of the history of Georgetown, feel free to add a post and share your memories. Georgetown will always be Home!

Moderator: John_Bailey

Many interesting people from GEORGETOWN...

Postby Scooter1 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:23 pm

I have come to realize that GEORGETOWN has produced some pretty amazing people or has been home to to them, we need to recognize them and what they have done both while here and what they have or are doing. The GDHS has a HALL OF FAME, there is the SPORTS MUSEUM, HOCKEY HERITAGE. But with so many people online these days it would be great to be able to find it here and what better place then GTOL that is devoted to GEORGETOWN, ONTARIO.

So, if you know of someone you feel that has or is contributing to society in a special or interesting way, DOCTOR, LAWYER or INDIAN CHIEF or in any noteable way let the readers know, post PICTURES or LINKS or STORIES that can be ARCHIVED here for our generation and those of the future generations of GEORGETOWN. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I will kick it off with this man THOMAS E (TED) DARCIE

http://www.ece.uvic.ca/~tdarcie
Scooter1
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:53 pm
Location: Georgetown

Re: Many interesting people from GEORGETOWN...

Postby Al Darby » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:36 pm

If you do have pictures, can we please get them submitted to the Vault.

Here's a link to a slideshow for the ones already in the Vault.
Famous People from Georgetown

Submit your Photos to the Vault
Al Darby
Class of '54
User avatar
Al Darby
Administrator
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Sydney, NSW Australia

Re: Many interesting people from GEORGETOWN...

Postby Scooter1 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:31 pm

Al that is great, it would be even better if there was some text about the people, here is something on POUL (PAUL) POPIEL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poul_Popiel
Scooter1
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:53 pm
Location: Georgetown

Re: Many interesting people from GEORGETOWN...

Postby Al Darby » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:42 pm

Scooter1 wrote:Al that is great, it would be even better if there was some text about the people, here is something on POUL (PAUL) POPIEL

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poul_Popiel

Don,

Most of the ones already up there do have text (some more than others), including Poul "Paul" Popiel". You should see it when viewing the slideshow.

Members are invited to add more, via the [Comments] field on each photo and we can add it to what's already there.
Al Darby
Class of '54
User avatar
Al Darby
Administrator
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Sydney, NSW Australia

Re: Many interesting people from GEORGETOWN...

Postby Scooter1 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:09 am

Al,
I did not see it during Slideshow, but did well viewing Set.

The Link just gives more info, I do not know how to add it to the picture.
Scooter1
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:53 pm
Location: Georgetown

Re: Many interesting people from GEORGETOWN...

Postby Al Darby » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:19 am

Scooter1 wrote:Al,
I did not see it during Slideshow, but did well viewing Set.

The Link just gives more info, I do not know how to add it to the picture.

Don,

There's an option to [Show Title and Description], that you must <tick>, under [Options] (top right of screen)

You can enter additional information as a [Comment] and we'll add it to the [Description].
Al Darby
Class of '54
User avatar
Al Darby
Administrator
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Sydney, NSW Australia

Re: Many interesting people from GEORGETOWN...

Postby JulieJane » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:55 pm

Al Darby wrote:If you do have pictures, can we please get them submitted to the Vault.

Here's a link to a slideshow for the ones already in the Vault.
Famous People from Georgetown

Submit your Photos to the Vault



With the exception of one or two names shown on the photos in the Famous People from Georgetown link, excuse me when I ask who are the rest of those people ? Only their pictures come up on my screen. I don't know who they are.
User avatar
JulieJane
 
Posts: 1247
Joined: Thu May 16, 2002 2:45 pm
Location: Guelph

Re: Many interesting people from GEORGETOWN...

Postby Al Darby » Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:07 pm

JulieJane wrote:
Al Darby wrote:If you do have pictures, can we please get them submitted to the Vault.

Here's a link to a slideshow for the ones already in the Vault.
Famous People from Georgetown

Submit your Photos to the Vault

With the exception of one or two names shown on the photos in the Famous People from Georgetown link, excuse me when I ask who are the rest of those people ? Only their pictures come up on my screen. I don't know who they are.

JJ,

See my note above to Don
Al Darby wrote:Don,

There's an option to [Show Title and Description], that you must <tick>, under [Options] (top right of screen)

You can enter additional information as a [Comment] and we'll add it to the [Description].

Any chance you missed <ticking> that option?
Al Darby
Class of '54
User avatar
Al Darby
Administrator
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Sydney, NSW Australia

Re: Many interesting people from GEORGETOWN...

Postby JulieJane » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:28 pm

OK - so how do you slow down the info so that you can read it. It just goes to the next picture too quickly.
User avatar
JulieJane
 
Posts: 1247
Joined: Thu May 16, 2002 2:45 pm
Location: Guelph

Re: Many interesting people from GEORGETOWN...

Postby Al Darby » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:34 am

JulieJane wrote:OK - so how do you slow down the info so that you can read it. It just goes to the next picture too quickly.

In [Options], the default speed is [medium], you could try changing it to [slow].

What I do, is <click> on the [Pause] icon (lower left corner - ll), then I use the [ƒ Prev] - [Next „] buttons at the top (middle) of the screen and step through them.
Al Darby
Class of '54
User avatar
Al Darby
Administrator
 
Posts: 1955
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:43 am
Location: Sydney, NSW Australia

Re: Many interesting people from GEORGETOWN...

Postby JulieJane » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:37 am

Al Darby wrote:
JulieJane wrote:OK - so how do you slow down the info so that you can read it. It just goes to the next picture too quickly.

In [Options], the default speed is [medium], you could try changing it to [slow].

What I do, is <click> on the [Pause] icon (lower left corner - ll), then I use the [ƒ Prev] - [Next „] buttons at the top (middle) of the screen and step through them.

OK - thanks...finally got it right. Geesh !!!!!
User avatar
JulieJane
 
Posts: 1247
Joined: Thu May 16, 2002 2:45 pm
Location: Guelph

Re: Many interesting people from GEORGETOWN...

Postby Scooter1 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:53 am

Yes, thanks Al, I too finally got it figured out. Take care,
Don
Scooter1
 
Posts: 1541
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:53 pm
Location: Georgetown


Return to Hometown? ... Georgetown!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron