Gallery of Homes!

Welcome to Hometown? ... Georgetown!, a place to view and relive some of the history of Georgetown, feel free to add a post and share your memories. Georgetown will always be Home!

Moderator: John_Bailey

Gallery of Homes!

Postby Scooter1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:43 pm

These homes in some way played a role in my life, where are they, who lived there and do you have a story to tell...
FIRST ONE!

Scooter1

Re: Gallery of Homes!

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Sat May 01, 2010 10:37 am

Okay, if no one else will, I'll take a shot at it. This was Dr. MacIntosh's house (and office back in the day) on McIntyre Crescent. Surely this house was there before McIntyre Crescent existed or was moved there like the other old house on McIntyre.
Phantom Gtowner

Postby Scooter1 » Sat May 01, 2010 12:56 pm

Yes, this house was brought there by Doug Brander House Movers from the old Cleave farm where the Moldmasters Sportsplex now stands. That information came from both Mark Llewellyn and Bud and Judy Hayes. I was at Dr. Mac's office there and the on at the corner of Main and Back Streets many times over the years, IMHO he was the best!
Scooter1

Postby JulieJane » Sat May 01, 2010 9:57 pm

Aw, somebody beat me to it. As soon as I saw the picture, Dr. Mac came to mind. We went there for years. It was in his room with a fireplace that he took an extra 20 minutes or so to have a "chat" with me about the merits of having a family. We'd decided to go travelling and not have kids. Dr. Mac was horrified and without being judgemental or condescending, gave a very convincing spin on the merits of having children. We'd been married 4 years and he did make me think again. Sylvia was going nuts because the surgery was full and she came in at least 3 times to tell him so.

So..........we started a family. Had two lovely girls. Now we have 3 adorable grandchildren, and sometimes I give a silent thanks to good old Dr. Mac.
JulieJane

Postby JoeLetts » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:00 am

Remember this home well as Dr. MacIntosh was the family Dr. for quite some time when we lived around the corner at 24 Rexway Drive. Anyone know what happened to his son Donald? Believe there was also a daughter but can't remember her name.
JoeLetts

Postby Mark Llew » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:02 pm

JoeLetts wrote: Believe there was also a daughter but can't remember her name.

I believe it was Elspeth.

The MacIntoshes first lived at 20 Shelley Street, across the road from us. After they moved to Macintyre, the McMenemies moved there from Normandie Blvd.
Mark Llew

Return to Hometown? ... Georgetown!