Normandy Boulevard - 50th Anniversary

Welcome to Hometown? ... Georgetown!, a place to view and relive some of the history of Georgetown, feel free to add a post and share your memories. Georgetown will always be Home!

Moderator: John_Bailey

Normandy Boulevard - 50th Anniversary

Postby Al Darby » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:41 am

If you <click> on the above link, you'll be taken to a web page that shows a map of Normandy Boulevard. As you move your mouse over the lots, it should show details of who lived there when it was first built, some 50+ years ago and in some cases, who's there now.

We've pretty much accounted for all of the lots, but there are still some with missing details. If you spot one and you can tell me more about it, please let me know by replying to this post.

Let me know if you have any problems with it.

If you're visiting from Facebook and would like to comment, simply register to become a Member of this Forum and you'll be free to join in.

If you'd like to easily revisit this discussion, add it to your [Favorites / Bookmarks]

<click> here to return to Georgetown Ontario Fan Page on Facebook, or close this window and return to your already open Facebook window

Enjoy!
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Re: Normandy Boulevard - 50th Anniversary

Postby Lynda Moore » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:37 am

Hello Al,

Am enjoying the Normandy Blvd Club on Facebook and the amazing job you are doing with re-constructing "the Blvd".

My maiden name is "Lane" from first #1 Normandy and then later #10 ... my parents were Gord and Jean Lane. When we lived at #1 older brothers Terry and Ron and I lived there and after we moved to #10, another child Sharon was born.

Also, please note that #2 was occupied by Bob and Peg Rayner with their kids Carol and Charlie, #4 was occupied by the Stevens with their daughter Carol, and #6 was occupied by Mr. and Mrs. Bill Roney .

Thanks again for the wonderful sites ... both the Normandy Blvd link to the map and of course Georgetown On-Line ...

Regards,

Lynda (Lane) Moore
Lynda Moore

Postby Al Darby » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:37 am

Lynda,
Thanks for your kind words, I enjoy doing things like that. :clap: :cheer: :clap:

I've updated #1 and #10, would you please check them out and let me know if they're now OK? Tks.

As for #2, #4 and #6 can you tell me if they were before, or after the people already listed?

Also, do you have any names for "the Stevens" and a name for Bill Roney's wife?

If you want to email me with more details, it's ardarby-at-optusnet-dot-com-dot-au (-at- = @ and -dot- = .)
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Postby Scooter1 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:35 am

Hi Al and Lynda,
I have, with the great contribution of JACKIE nee TIMLECK NEWCOMBE and others put together a list by street number of folks that have lived there and will be sending it to AL by FRIDAY of this week, Al will you be busy.
Don
Scooter1

Postby Al Darby » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:53 am

Scooter1 wrote:Hi Al and Lynda,
I have, with the great contribution of JACKIE nee TIMLECK NEWCOMBE and others put together a list by street number of folks that have lived there and will be sending it to AL by FRIDAY of this week, Al will you be busy.
Don

Hi Don,

Is that "Al, will you be busy?", or "Al, you will be busy!" :scratch:
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Postby Scooter1 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Both, but the main thing is that WILL YOU BE BUSY if you have time. Had great meeting with the principal MAG GARDENER and VP GERARD HERLIHEY, that are excited.
Don
Scooter1

Postby Al Darby » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Scooter1 wrote:Both, but the main thing is that WILL YOU BE BUSY if you have time. Had great meeting with the principal MAG GARDENER and VP GERARD HERLIHEY, that are excited.
Don

Don, I'll make time!
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Postby Al Darby » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:56 pm

<click> on the above link to go to the Normandy Boulevard web page.
As you move your mouse over the lots, you'll see details of who lived there when it was first built, some 50+ years ago and in some cases, who's there now.

We're* updating the details with pictures of the homes, now and then (if possible). In some cases there will also be pictures of the residents.

We're just getting started on this, but <hover> over #8 (Hardman), then <click> on the lot, to see full details, so you can get an idea of what's in store. All lots are active.

We've got nearly all the "now" pictures, what we need is "then" pictures. Please get in touch if you can help out with pictures of the homes, residents, or whatever.

All the pictures will be added to the Georgetown Vault for viewing individually, or by slideshow.

* "We" = Don Fendley, Barry Timleck, Bonnie Courchesne and myself
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Postby Diane Beaulieu » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:34 am

My sister and her family live on Normandy Blvd. today. I'll have to let her know about all of this.
Diane Beaulieu

Return to Hometown? ... Georgetown!