Larry Bailey

This forum will keep you up to date with news of Births, Deaths / Funeral Notices / In Memoriams and Marriages in Georgetown, plus a monthly updated listing of our departed!

Moderator: Scooter1

Larry Bailey

Postby John_Bailey » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:01 pm

Found this last week, hadn't seen him since 1992.

In Memory of
Larry Philip
Bailey
Obituary for Larry Philip Bailey

In loving memory of
Mr. Larry Philip Bailey
June 17th, 1943 – September 25th, 2014

His family announces his passing at the Timmins & District Hospital on Thursday September 25th, 2014 at the age of 71. He was the son of the late Kenneth Bailey and the late Lillian Bailey (nee McKonkie). He will be sadly missed by his wife Sandra Bailey (nee Reid), his children Jamie Bailey, Marty (Crystal Bailey), his step-children Robert (Melissa) Reid and Emile Reid, his many grandchildren and great-grandchildren, brother-in-law of Gaby (the late Louis) Dubé and Désir (Linda) Lecerf. He also leaves many other relatives and friends.

Visitations will be held at Irvine & Irvine funeral home, 641 deTroyes Avenue, Iroquois Falls on Sunday September 28th, 2014 from 2 to 4 pm. The funeral service will follow at 4 pm in the funeral home with Pastor Lyle McDonald officiating.

If you wish to express your online condolences, to share your memories or photos of Larry, please visit http://www.irvineandirvinefuneralhome.com

Memorial donations may be made to the Ontario Lung Association and would be greatly appreciated.

Funeral arrangements are entrusted to Irvine & Irvine funeral home, for information: 705-232-4006
John_Bailey
Forum Moderator

Re: Larry Bailey

Postby Mark Llew » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:17 pm

I'm very sorry to hear this.

I have fond memories of Larry. He was a good guy.

I remember the day he got his nickname of "Oilcan". We were all playing work-ups in the Harrison schoolyard at recess. Larry was at bat and took a mighty swing. The bat went sailing into the air as if it had been greased, between shortstop and 3rd base. I think he got a pretty good hit too!
Mark Llew

Re: Larry Bailey

Postby mjmward » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:34 am

Also remember him from days gone by RIP.
mjmward

Return to Births, Deaths and Marriages