Dowdle, Malcolm James

This forum will keep you up to date with news of Births, Deaths / Funeral Notices / In Memoriams and Marriages in Georgetown, plus a monthly updated listing of our departed!

Moderator: Scooter1

Dowdle, Malcolm James

Postby JulieJane » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:00 am

Seeing as I've been coming here to this board for many years now, I have to tell you that my husband "The King", Malcolm James passed away from a sudden cardiac arrest on March 14. He was 69. It's a very strange world right now, and I guess we are still in disbelief. Thanks to my wonderful family and Grandkids we are all trying hard to make adjustments. We had a wonderful send-off for him and I know he would have been very touched to know how many people's lives he enhanced. It's going to take a while to get used to the empty house, the lack of everyday fun and my best bud to lean on. And so a new chapter begins.

Although we moved to Guelph in 1989, we lived on Rosefield Drive for 17 years - #33 - our first house, and I lived with my family on Moultrey Cres while I went to Georgetown High. We still used to check out the comings and goings and changes in Georgetown over the years and now my niece has just moved there with her family. And so it goes on with the Georgetown connection.

Take care everybody.
JulieJane

Re: Dowdle, Malcolm James

Postby John_Bailey » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:54 am

I was saddened to hear of your loss. I heard it from MJ but when I went and found the notice I wasn't sure if I had the right connection or not so I didn't post it.
All who have traveled through GTOL over the years will be thinking of you and yours.
John_Bailey
Forum Moderator

Postby linda paul » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:42 pm

Oh Julie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is so difficult when it is sudden like that.

You have a very good attitude and it will take time but you are a very strong lady and will get through this.

I will be thinking about you and take care.
linda paul

Postby Mark Llew » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:24 pm

You are in our thoughts and prayers, Julie.
Mark Llew

Postby Al Darby » Fri May 02, 2014 9:23 pm

Sorry to hear that JJ, take gentle care
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Return to Births, Deaths and Marriages