Mary McClintock

This forum will keep you up to date with news of Births, Deaths / Funeral Notices / In Memoriams and Marriages in Georgetown, plus a monthly updated listing of our departed!

Moderator: Scooter1

Mary McClintock

Postby Bill Cook » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Mary McClintock ( Hurst ) passed away on Tue , June 11th .I believe Mary was 65 or 66 years young, only child of Marg & Joe McClintock ( Joe's Tuck Shop down town beside Stan's )
Don't know any other details
Bill Cook

Re: Mary McClintock

Postby JulieJane » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:11 pm

Can't quite believe this news ! Mary and I go way, way back - a connection of over 50 years. We saw her a couple of months ago and she was bright and chipper - we exchanged family news and had a long chat. So many of my peers have passed on - it makes me feel quite vulnerable with every passing year.

Sincere condolences to the family.
JulieJane

Postby Petitbois » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:38 pm

A very sad shock for us to learn of Mary's passing.
Mary was a classmate in the early days at Wrigglesworth, and a close friend of Joy's in high school. We knew she was back in town, but hadn't seen her since HC2007.
Ironically, another grade 4/5 friend was visiting a few weeks back, and had gone to find Mary at her apartment. She wasn't home at the time, and he explained to a neighbour that he wanted to surprise her after 50 years.
At the moment there is no posting on Jones' website for her. Please update us if you hear anything.
PB
The Dragon Whisperer
Petitbois
Forum Moderator

Postby Bill Cook » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Mary was over at our house a couple of weeks ago and she made a hair appointment with Judy for last Wednesday, but she didn't make it.
Very sad and shocking . Will post any news when i hear
Bill Cook

Postby linda paul » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:47 pm

It has been a sad week for sure.

I am feeling very weepy with the passing of Ron and Mary.

Losing too many old friends.

I hope there will be some sort of funeral for Mary. RIP old friend.
linda paul

Postby John_Bailey » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Mary Elizabeth McClintock,
January 29, 1947 - June 13, 2013

Suddenly on Thursday, June 13, 2013, at her home in Georgetown. Mary, in her 66th year, loving mother of Leah Hurst-Lywood and Jamie Hurst and his spouse Jennifer Macdonald-Jackson. Loving grandmother of, Braydon and Brodie, step grandmother to Sam and Hanna. Daughter of the late Margaret and Joe McClintock of Georgetown.

At Mary's request cremation has taken place with a private ceremony to follow at a later date. In memory contributions to The Heart and Stroke Foundation would be appreciated.
To send expressions of sympathy visit
www.jsjonesandsonfuneralhome.com
John_Bailey
Forum Moderator

Return to Births, Deaths and Marriages