What I miss...

Read Only - Bits and pieces from the former 80s & 90s Forums, but mostly anything that was posted since April 2007 in the Decades Forum!

What I miss...

Postby deeds30 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:17 am

I used to love PEP...the round chocolate bar filled with mint. When I was younger, I can remember bowling each week, and when it was our turn to go to the snack bar Pete would stand at our lane and send us up...and with my $5 I could pay for the league, get snacks and have enough to go and see a movie afterwards! OMG :shock: I am sounding like my parents!
deeds30

Postby u-pickedcotton » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:52 am

I used to love PEP

That was a favorite of mine too...I remember when it cost $0.05...
how about you deeds LOL
Neil
u-pickedcotton

Postby Barry Jowett » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:04 pm

I've never really been a fan of chocolate and mint, myself. In fact, I think the only thing I really like with chocolate is peanut butter. Anything else takes away from the chocolatiness!

On the other hand, while mintiness takes away from the chocolatiness, the chocolatiness does add to the mintiness ... so I can appreciate that. In fact, I'd be on board if Scope came out with a Chocolate Mint flavour mouthwash. But I'd much prefer they just went straight to the Chocolate flavour.
Barry Jowett

Postby Lisa Copland » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:37 pm

I love mint and chocolate together. Someone told me today that the brownies are out selling their mint cookies right now and I'm sad because they haven't come to my door yet!

Of course, peanut butter and chocolate are excellent together too! You just can't go wrong if there's chocolate.
Lisa Copland

Postby Barry Jowett » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:26 am

Yeah, I saw the Brownies selling the chocolate-mint cookies the other day. I was relieved they weren't selling the chocolate and vanilla flavours -- I can't stop buying those.

I always felt cheated when I was in Beavers and Cubs when I was a kid. The Brownies and Girl Guides got to sell cookies -- everyone loves Girl Guide cookies! They get excited when they see the Girl Guides coming down the street with their boxes!

What did we get to sell? Apples.

We might as well have been selling kryptonite. No one wants to buy an apple. And we sure didn't want to sneak an apple or two for ourselves. Anytime someone bought an apple, it was either out of pity, or to shut us up.

I think we need to begin adult versions: the Man Scouts and the Woman Guides. The Man Scouts can sell beer. The Woman Guides can sell soy milk. THEN you'll know how we felt!
Barry Jowett

Postby John_Bailey » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:39 am

(I think we need to begin adult versions: the Man Scouts and the Woman Guides.)

I better not, but I'm biting my tongue.
John_Bailey
Forum Moderator

Postby colbuki » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:33 pm

:lol: OMG that is too funny... where do I sign up... of course I'm more interested in being a Man Scout than a woman guide... sigh... nothing changes :wink:

hey... did you see there's going to be a new gum... chocolate mint ... I want to say Dentyne but I'm not convinced....

personally I like my chocolate straight up... but adding PB is ok, adding mint is OK but if you really want a winning combination throw a WHOLE BUNCH of Caramel at it... now that is a combo worth the loss of a little chocolatiness :wink:
colbuki

Postby Lisa Copland » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:31 pm

Yummmmm, caramel. Tried to order a hot caramel sundae at McDonalds tonight and they were out of caramel.

Long story short - the Walmart McDonalds in Orangeville sucks!
Lisa Copland

Mc Donalds...

Postby deeds30 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:41 am

One night a bunch of us went through McDonalds drive through, and we ordered sundaes...eventhough my memory is a little foggy (ok, we were in an alcoholic induced fog), it seems like there were a lot of sundaes ordered...well the young person on the other end of the microphone asked "Would you like nuts with that?" Well someone from the back seat jumped into the front and said..."Did I ask for !@# nuts?!?!" :shock: I do not think any of us have ever laughed so hard...until we got to the window and they refused to give us our sundaes because we had harassed the clerk!
deeds30

Postby colbuki » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:31 pm

hmmmm... I wonder if I know said person in the back seat... sounds remarkably like someone I just might know.... not me of course, I never used that kind of language... well not about sundaes anyway, it's not like I was losing at poker :wink:
colbuki

Return to Archives - All Decades