Candy Bars or sweets you no longer can get!

Read Only - Bits and pieces from the former 80s & 90s Forums, but mostly anything that was posted since April 2007 in the Decades Forum!

Candy Bars or sweets you no longer can get!

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:43 pm

:)
Was there a favourite bar or candy treat you no longer can get that you really liked?

Postby colbuki » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:47 am

mmmm Bottle caps... now I know they have them again but they don't make the green ones and I swear the root beer tastes different.

I have seen many candy stores pop up with a lot of the retro candy so the drought is pretty much over for a lot of the old favorites.

I loved Wig Wags, Koo Koos, MoJo's, BB Bats... hmmm a whole lot of chewy going on there, it's a wonder I have any teeth left :lol:
colbuki

Postby Barry Jowett » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:23 pm

Fun Dip / Lik-m-Aid. I think you can still get it, but they changed it in the late 80s / early 90s. The candy stick became a harder, less tasty thing, and they got rid of the ugly kid who was on the package. It just wasn't the same anymore.

Also, Pecan Logs. I don't think you could ever get them up here when I was a kid, but we used to buy them at Stuckey's in the States when we drove down to Floriday each year. They started being sold in grocery stores here several years ago, but I haven't seen them in ages.
Barry Jowett

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:20 pm

I miss "Big Turk's".....
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:13 pm

:)
Yes Jeff, was a favourite of mine, a friend of ours just last week sent one home with Linda for me, Linda is going to find out where she gets them.

Return to Archives - All Decades