MIAH

Read Only - Includes GDHS Alumni Lost Archives

MIAH

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:30 am

In 1992 on November 26 I was hit with one of the sadest pieces of news of my life, my cousin Bob and his wife Paula had lost their only son JEREMIAH!

Jeremiah you will never be forgotten!

Postby Aligreen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:56 pm

My daughter was a great friend of Miah's and was asked to speak at his funeral. A sad loss at such a young age.
She recently went for a "Reading" and spoke to him through this person.
Aligreen

Postby mjmward » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:30 pm

My daughter was also a friend and it sure was a sad day.
mjmward

MIAH #20

Postby JayFendley » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:43 pm

Miah was my cousin and prior to passing away had spent the summer at our place taking care of me through the summer while my parents were at work.
Miah and I always had a brotherly type relationship, much like he did with my brother Paul.
I still remember the day Miah passed away. I was in grade 7 at the time, and we had just moved to a new place. I came out to the car and my Mom informed me of his death. When you are 12 years old, death does not really strike you, but as the years went on, I realized how much I missed him, and feel as though the best years we would have had were cut very short.
Miah was an inspiration to me and someone that I not only called my cousin, but I considered a great friend.
You are missed, but you are never forgotten Miah.

"So never mind the darkness, We still can find a way. 'Cause nothin' lasts forever, Even cold November rain"
JayFendley

Postby JenG » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:55 pm

I remember this day very clearly also. I was in Grade 12 and had heard rumours that Miah had fallen ill during gym class and that it was very serious. Suddenly a girl came to our classroom door and asked for her friends to come out. They came back in with tears in their eyes and collected their books. I knew that he was gone. Shortly after that the principal came on the PA system and announced that Miah had passed away.

After class I found his cousin Theresa who was a good friend of mine and gave her the biggest hug I could. I drove her home and sat with her for a while. It was a very sad day for everyone.
Jennifer
Class of 1994
JenG

Postby Bette » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:27 am

I remember Miah so well,swiming in our pool with grandson Joshua,also helping me collect a full year of baseball cards.He was a great guy.[/b]
Bette

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:27 am

I went to school with Jeremiah. We played football together. I have to say that Jeremiah had to be one of the toughest guys on our team. We had practice at the beginning of the week and Jeremiah took a huge hit to the mid section. So hard it broke his rib or ribs. We all thought he was out for a while. Not, a day later and he was on the feild with his ribs wrapped and distributing some of the hardest hits on the feild. I was in awe...... He played in the next scheduled game and played well too from what I remember.
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Return to Archives - Old Forums & Shades of the Past