Comments in the photo Gallery

Read Only

Comments in the photo Gallery

Postby BonnieC » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:14 pm

Lately Ive been Bombed by rude and xrated comments from new members to the vault...When I do catch them in time they are being banned from the site however this isn't easy , Al informed me a few weeks ago about a few comments and I ended up deleting over 400 of them.
Anyone have any suggestions on this matter??? It's not all that fun deleting messages....
BonnieC
Forum Moderator

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:31 pm

Bonnie, is there a way to screen new people that register, like at the main site? I have been bombarded as well with weird requests of strange looking applicates, location wise etc.

Postby JenG » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:40 pm

Is there a way to turn comments off? I had to do this on my personal website because spammers are targeting photo galleries now.
Jennifer
Class of 1994
JenG

Postby BonnieC » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:48 am

As a last ditch resort I could turn off the comments but that wouldn't be far to those leaving legit ones.
As for screening..I"m only getting the registration name and that's all. I can go by that if it looks strange enough but some real ppl have strange sign on names.
all I can really do at the moment is wait to see if they leave a comment or not....I'm adding Al as moderator so he can help me out
BonnieC
Forum Moderator

Postby Al Darby » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:01 pm

BonnieC wrote:As a last ditch resort I could turn off the comments but that wouldn't be far to those leaving legit ones.
As for screening..I"m only getting the registration name and that's all. I can go by that if it looks strange enough but some real ppl have strange sign on names.
all I can really do at the moment is wait to see if they leave a comment or not....I'm adding Al as moderator so he can help me out

BC,

When screening the names, you could check to see if they're already registered in GTOL, or emailing them, bodgy registrations seldom have valid emails.
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:18 pm

Bonnie, when nosing around in your back room, did I not see a way to have comments emailed directly to you as they are posted, that way you could handle them much easier, I get email when someone register at the Gallery, do you also, you should if not I will look into it for you. The last three notices I got looked funny! They were not registered at the main site!

Postby BonnieC » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:40 pm

Yeah I get the emails too..When the name looks funny or out of the ordinary I check out the comments just to see if anything has been posted. I'm "Banning" those instead of just deleting them.
BonnieC
Forum Moderator

Return to Archives - The Vault Discussions