New School Pics

Read Only

New School Pics

Postby BonnieC » Thu May 31, 2007 9:17 pm

While at work today Anne Crocker stopped by and dropped off an envelope full of pictures that were mail to the Homecoming Commitee, This is what the letter said that was enclosed

To Whom it may concern:
I was Teaching-Principal in Georgetown from September 1950 to June 1960, first at Chapel Street and then at Harrison P.S. when it opened in 1956. I have enclosed copies of some group photos if there is a place to display them. I don't need them back because I have the originals.
Sincerly Mr. Hal Henry

I want to thank him very much the pictures are a great addition to our site collection and I thank Anne for sharing them and letting me add them to the vault.
Bonnie

Its pics like these that make me happy that I'm moderator of the vault. Keep on sending them in...My goal is to have the biggest collection of Georgetown pictures.
BonnieC
Forum Moderator

Postby Guest » Thu May 31, 2007 10:02 pm

:)
Hi Bonnie,
I had a peek at them last night and when Anne said she would drop them to you, I was pretty sure it would make your day. Your thinking is the same as mine and I am so pleased that you agreed to take on the Vault, you are doing such a great job and are providing something special for decades to come. We will have to ensure they are backed up, we would never want to lose such treasures..
Thanks Bonnie for your dedication and many hours!
Sincerely,
Don

Postby tessa » Thu May 31, 2007 10:56 pm

bonnie...
you're the bomb.
tessa

Postby Guest » Thu May 31, 2007 11:07 pm

:)
Boy, if you were at either Harrison or Chapel in the 50s, you could sure help out by identifing some of the folks in the pictures, I recognize some of the people there, but I may only be guessing. I hope someone from some of the pictures can tell us for sure, thanks to Mr. Henry & to Bonnie for posting them.

Postby tessa » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:20 am

well...
it's pretty obvious that in the teacher's pics...the two men are the principal and the vice-principal...
and the rest are the teachers. :wink:
tessa

Return to Archives - The Vault Discussions