Memory Lane (spin off [S/O] from A picture for the vault.

Read Only

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:21 am

Michael Xanthios wrote:
jeff3mcmullen wrote: The person I was with was named David Campbell. I went to school with him and his twin brother Dean. Really cool guys.

Dean and Dave Campbell? Is one of them into body building? I think I know them. Do you know Blain Atwell?

Mike

Red Haired Blain Atwell. Yeah I know him. If one of the Cambells are still working out I would guess it's Dave. Dave used to work out alot at a gym Downtown G-town. He was working on a back machine one night and the wire cord broke. He had sooo much weight on the press that when it broke he hyper extended his back to the floor and fractured his back. If he's still working out I'll be impressed. Tough guys. Chris Crawford was another friend we all used to hang with. If you know Blain, please tell him to tell Dave, Dean and Chris I said Hey......
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:24 am

Brown haired Blain, but red haired younger brother, his name escapes me right now. I remember that story about the cable breaking. Man that was bad. I never see them though.
Michael Xanthios

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:28 am

Jeff did you know my brother James?
Michael Xanthios

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:38 am

Michael Xanthios wrote:Jeff did you know my brother James?

Can you show me a pic. It doesn't sound familiar. You right, I didn't know Blain I knew Dan. Dan was the red head. He was a really cool guy from what I remember. Do you know if that gang still hangs together? I used to go to Park School with the Campbells. I could sit here and name a bunch of names. Probably 3-5 yrs behind you Mike.
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

A picture of James...

Postby deeds30 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:08 am

There is a picture of James in the Vault, it is a class photo from Wrigglesworth, but from a long time ago.

Dean and Dave are still both in town, my husband Dave plays baseball with them. We are arguing over which one was into body building (I say Dave)...he was also involved in UFC and started fighting in the US. Not too sure if he is still involved or not, but it sounded like a vicious sport!
deeds30

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:33 am

Thank you, Dee Dee.
Michael Xanthios

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:54 am

Dan was the red head.

That's him. Honestly, I typed his name Daniel but then erased it because I lost confidence. I have known the three Atwell siblings for easily 25 years. Blain, who is less than a year younger than me by days, was close friends with James all those years back.

Mike
Michael Xanthios

Re: A picture of James...

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:21 pm

deeds30 wrote:There is a picture of James in the Vault, it is a class photo from Wrigglesworth, but from a long time ago.

Dean and Dave are still both in town, my husband Dave plays baseball with them. We are arguing over which one was into body building (I say Dave)...he was also involved in UFC and started fighting in the US. Not too sure if he is still involved or not, but it sounded like a vicious sport!

I would guess it would be Dave. Dean used to be the passive one.
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Michael Xanthios » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:42 pm

Maybe we could put old stories here in this thread. Anybody reading could put an old story about being in town somehow. As you see above, Jeff and I already started plus I think I made a new friend in the deal.

OLD STORIES in A PICTURE FOR THE VAULT.

I'll start off. Of course, we could never tell the stories we really would like to....

Imagine young teenagers. On an adventure. Invited by a friend. The night watchman is away at 9:30 pm.

On a wintry Saturday night I would bring two or three friends and no more out of stealth. I knew the route. We'd climb the side hill of Meadowglen to the nearest mushroom house. Through a door we would enter into the long hallway that ran the length of the building. The sun was down and the hallway was pitch dark. With a lighter we would walk about three-quarters the length of the hallway to a spot on the floor to the left. Pipes came through the floor beside the trap door. I would pull the door open and reveal a metal ladder permanently fixed. We'd climb down the ladder to a large pipe opening that traveled away from the building. The pipe opening facilitated the positioning of the steam pipes from the boiler room below. Through the pipe opening we would travel and climb down into the loud boiler room. We would sit and warm up in an electrical room next to the boiler room where it was not as loud. When we wanted to leave we would go to the front of the boiler room where we'd find a garage bay with a huge garage door that would automatically close behind us. And off we'd flee into the night.

Mike
Michael Xanthios

Re: A picture of James...

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:32 pm

deeds30 wrote:

I used to date Vicki Penney. I recently got in touch with her. Her younger brother Raymond is fighting in something like the UFC. he just started. I think he's got a half doz fights under his belt. I agree it's a vicious sport. He is from G-town
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:35 pm

Michael Xanthios wrote:Maybe we could put old stories here in this thread. Anybody reading could put an old story about being in town somehow. As you see above, Jeff and I already started plus I think I made a new friend in the deal.

OLD STORIES in A PICTURE FOR THE VAULT.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I'll try to drum up some more pics and some stories.
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Michael Xanthios » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:56 pm

Just talking to Dave reminded me of Mr. Rumsey. I really like Mr. Rumsey. He taught me grade 9 science. Schirm was in my class. Anyway, I also taught with him at GDHS and spent some time with him. I miss that old group ever since I left. It would have been great to have stayed on and continue my career here. I'm fine with what I do now though. Hey I love it. I just got back from coaching a practice with my junior boys soccer team. Kids are great. They keep your attitude young.

Cheers.

Mike
Michael Xanthios

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:12 pm

A view from above. Georgetown High, Cedarvalle, The Fair Grounds.

http://www.lib.uwaterloo.ca/locations/u ... orthos.jpg
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Lisa Copland » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:22 pm

Hey Cuz!

Have you tried Google Earth yet? I haven't been on the site in a long time but seem to remember that I was able to get a satellite image of Mom and Dad's house there.

You would probably love it!
Lisa Copland

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:27 pm

Lisa Copland wrote:Hey Cuz!

Have you tried Google Earth yet? I haven't been on the site in a long time but seem to remember that I was able to get a satellite image of Mom and Dad's house there.

You would probably love it!

I've been on a site to see a Sat. image of my own home but, could not find anything for Canada. I'll try it. Thanks.
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby George » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:32 pm

Make sure that you have high speed Internet! It's a really cool tool but it takes a lot of bandwidth.

I was showing it to my Mum a little while ago and she was amazed that you can get in close enough to see which cars were in the driveway of their house (at the time the satellite photo was taken)!
George

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:40 pm

Makes you wonder what else they're seeing. :oops:
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Gloria Jones » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:57 pm

There is also something on the google earth site (can't remember exactly what it's called) that takes you from your house to another specified destination. It's really cool - you feel like you are in an airplane only instead of going as the crow flies, you go on the roads that would take you there.
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:44 pm

I down loaded that Google Earth and boy was that amazing. I could zoom in on the house I lived in when in G-town and on all the new houses on the other side of Hungry Hollow.
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Al Darby » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:20 pm

jeff3mcmullen wrote:I down loaded that Google Earth and boy was that amazing. I could zoom in on the house I lived in when in G-town and on all the new houses on the other side of Hungry Hollow.

33°54'55.48" S, 151°12'15.22" E
Should put you right over my pool.
Last edited by Al Darby on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Postby Lisa Copland » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:34 pm

Al Darby wrote:
jeff3mcmullen wrote:I down loaded that Google Earth and boy was that amazing. I could zoom in on the house I lived in when in G-town and on all the new houses on the other side of Hungry Hollow.

33°54'55.48" S - 151°12'15.22" E
Should put you right over my pool.

Okay, I'm really starting to strongly dislike all you warm weather dwellers (Al and Jeff)! :D It's still below zero here. I am in my fleece jammies and my feet are cold. I WANT SUMMER NOW! :evil:

Sorry for shouting but I'm so sick of being cold!
Lisa Copland

Postby BonnieC » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:37 pm

Is your pool the Ocean cuz that's where I landed when I put in those numbers
BonnieC
Forum Moderator

Postby JenG » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:40 pm

BonnieC wrote:Is your pool the Ocean cuz that's where I landed when I put in those numbers

Try: 33°54'55.48" S, 151°12'15.22" E (comma instead of a - )

Nice Pool Al! :D
Jennifer
Class of 1994
JenG

Postby Al Darby » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:48 pm

JenG wrote:
BonnieC wrote:Is your pool the Ocean cuz that's where I landed when I put in those numbers

Try: 33°54'55.48" S, 151°12'15.22" E (comma instead of a - )

Nice Pool Al! :D

Thanks Jen, My Bad!

It's ¼ Olympic size and is solar heated, gets up to 30°C in the summer. A tad warmer than I remember Chappies (?) Creek in the Spring.
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Postby Lisa Copland » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:51 pm

Okay Upside Down Al, I'm looking at your pool, now quick, run outside and wave to me!

I'll see if I can find my pool but it won't be much to look at given it still has the WINTER cover on.

Just located my place and it's a crummy image. The whole neighborhood is blurry and you can't even tell there is a pool.

I just put my Mom and Dad's address in and it went to the wrong house. It showed me the neighbor's house across the street. The image was so clear though that it was easy to figure out which house is the right one.
Last edited by Lisa Copland on Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lisa Copland

Next

Return to Archives - The Vault Discussions