A PICTURE FOR THE VAULT.

Read Only

A PICTURE FOR THE VAULT.

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:23 pm

J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:29 pm

Stuff like this is really cool. Honk before going through.

John st. right

http://www.haltonhills.com/tour/500/tunnel_june1.jpg?
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:35 pm

That photo is wild!! It reminds me of when I was a kid and the parking lot at the train station was all dirt with no GO stuff there. We boarded the train bound for Quebec a few times in the late sixties and early seventies.

I remember when they built the GO station. I lived a five minute walk away at the time. My brother and I were very young (10 and 7, respectively) but we jumped on the train at the GO debut free ride opening. We probably shouldn't have. We arrived in dowtown Toronto and got off the train. A short time later we were unsure of which train to board or when. As the one train was about the close up, a guy greeted us and told us to board. He was a teenaged French guy from around the block that recognized us because his family knows my mother. Saved our butts.

Mike
Michael Xanthios

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:40 pm

:)
Hi Jeff and Mike,
If you go to the Photo Gallery and under About Town, under Places you will find both those pictures and several more.
regards,
Don
Bonnie has a pretty wide selection
!

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:46 pm

Jeff,

The John Street bridge. I went through that bridge probably thousands of times on foot, bike and car. The sign once was graffitied to read "honk if your horny". There was a lady who cross-guarded the tunnell for the kids in the morning and after school. She lived in the neighbourhood too.

Mike
Last edited by Michael Xanthios on Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Xanthios

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:51 pm

Michael Xanthios wrote:That photo is wild!! It reminds me of when I was a kid and the parking lot at the train station was all dirt with no GO stuff there. We boarded the train bound for Quebec a few times in the late sixties and early seventies.

I remember when they built the GO station. I lived a five minute walk away at the time. My brother and I were very young (10 and 7, respectively) but we jumped on the train at the GO debut free ride opening. We probably shouldn't have. We arrived in dowtown Toronto and got off the train. A short time later we were unsure of which train to board or when. As the one train was about the close up, a guy greeted us and told us to board. He was a teenaged French guy from around the block that recognized us because his family knows my mother. Saved our butts.

Mike

Cool story Mike. I used to catch the train when it was going through town late at night. The train had to slow down so me and some friends would run and climb on a box car ladder. Later when we were ready to go home we'd catch a train going the other way. Once got caught on the bridge over the credit.
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:57 pm

Are you kidding me? You hitched rides?

Me and a friend when we were kids, 9 or 10, crossed the trussell over the credit in the hot sun. Halfway through we noticed a train coming, so we truned around and moved fast trying not to fall. We jumped off to the side when we reached the end of the bridge with about 10 seconds to spare. We were lucky.

Mike
Michael Xanthios

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:59 pm

Man I have all kinds of stories like that.
Michael Xanthios

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:04 am

[quote="Michael Xanthios"]Are you kidding me? You hitched rides?

Me and a friend when we were kids, 9 or 10, crossed the trussell over the credit in the hot sun. Halfway through we noticed a train coming, so we truned around and moved fast trying not to fall. We jump off to the side when we reached the end of the bridge with about 10 seconds to spare. We were lucky.

Mike[/quotE

If you go to the bridge you will notice an area were the bridge jets out (I guess for a workstation) with some railing. We didn't have time to get off the bridge so we got on that area and held for dear life. That bridge shook so bad I thought we were going to die. I never went near that bridge for some time. The person I was with was named David Campbell. I went to school with him and his twin brother Dean. Really cool guys.
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:05 am

Michael Xanthios wrote:Man I have all kinds of stories like that.

You and I could probably go on forever.
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:11 am

Here's another one:

Because we lived at the Mushroom Plant, we had a lot of exploration possibilitites as boys. The plant was on top of the hill but halfway up the hill was a boiler building and two large rooms for storing soil and sand. These rooms were about 100 feet high which included a top compartment. The lower soil rooms when filled with soil contained huge mounds. We would sneak into the rooms and try to climb the mounds. It was incredibly unsafe. One time, me, my brother, and the French guy's younger brother got caught by my father and he scolded us.

Mike
Michael Xanthios

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:14 am

jeff3mcmullen wrote: The person I was with was named David Campbell. I went to school with him and his twin brother Dean. Really cool guys.

Dean and Dave Campbell? Is one of them into body building? I think I know them. Do you know Blain Atwell?

Mike
Michael Xanthios

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:32 pm

What happened? Page 2 is missing! I enjoyed my posts with people that were using the earth google. Can anyone tell me why they are missing?
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:16 am

:oops:
Jeff it was me doing the housekeeping, I am postive nothing was thrown out, I will find it for you!

I hope the wife did not see the first post!
Last edited by Guest on Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:28 am

If they are missing it's ok. I was just having some fun with the google posts. I know you have to clean up once in a while. I'm not mad Don. I'm just messing around. Don't spend too much time looking for the posts. I'm sure we'll make more! :D
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Al Darby » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:28 am

Don Fendley wrote::oops:
Jeff it was me doing the housekeeper
[...]

Uhhhh Don, you might want to edit that. :twisted: :lol: :roll: :twisted:
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:29 am

Al Darby wrote:
[...]

Or maybe not....... :oops:
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:36 am

:oops: :oops:
It is getting late, I have had a long day, sorry folks!
Thanks Al, you may have saved my marriage, what am I talking about, we do not have a HOUSEKEEPER!

Postby Al Darby » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:38 am

jeff3mcmullen wrote:
Al Darby wrote:
[...]

Or maybe not....... :oops:

Yes ... it did occur to me that perhaps Don was "sharing" some of his past "nefarious" deeds .. Only the Don Patrol knows. <cue "The Shadow" music>
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Postby Al Darby » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:40 am

Don Fendley wrote::oops: :oops:
It is getting late, I have had a long day, sorry folks!
Thanks Al, you may have saved my marriage, what am I talking about, we do not have a HOUSEKEEPER!

Yeah, Sure, Right ... but ... who do you know that DOES have one? ... I wonder ... Hmmmmm
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:41 am

Ok, let's stop pickin' on Don. Too easy a target. :(
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Al Darby » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:23 am

jeff3mcmullen wrote:Ok, let's stop pickin' on Don. Too easy a target. :(

<kicking the ground>
Oh .... Alright! :cry: :oops: :cry:
<scuffing feet while walking away>
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:29 am

Al Darby wrote:

<kicking the ground>

You'd better get rid of that attitude mister. Or else you'll go in the corner for 10 seconds.
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Lisa Copland » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:09 am

jeff3mcmullen wrote:
Al Darby wrote:

<kicking the ground>

You'd better get rid of that attitude mister. Or else you'll go in the corner for 10 seconds.

Corner, ten seconds? Geez, you tried to send me to a BOX and I bet you had a lot more than 10 seconds in mind. Some much for blood being thicker than water! :wink:
Lisa Copland

Return to Archives - The Vault Discussions