The Mess on Main

Read Only

The Mess on Main

Postby BonnieC » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:07 pm

While at work today I took a couple of shots of Main Street...they are tucked into their own little ablum in the "Around Town" Category....The workers will be there for a while. I'll keep updating the progress every once in a while...well when I remember to take my camera with me...!!!!
BonnieC
Forum Moderator

Postby Gloria Jones » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:36 pm

Great idea Bonnie. As I was walking down there earlier today, I thought wouldn't it be good if Bonnie took some pictures of this, kind of before and after. I'm always thinking of doing things, but having someone else do the work :lol: :lol:
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Postby Aligreen » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:24 pm

Hi Bonnie,
Neil and I had a meeting with the Library today and I asked if they had copies of the old Herald. They do with the exception of about 20 missing ones. I think they said they date back to 1918 and most of them are on microfiche. They also said they have available, every newspaper for Halton Hills, every edition.

Alison
Aligreen

Postby BonnieC » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:59 pm

Ok how do I go about getting them or do I have to go to the library and photocopy????
BonnieC
Forum Moderator

Postby BonnieC » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:51 am

Hey Gloria, Can you think of a paying job for me? I might be in need of one come summer time....

My Dad was asking where your sister Dixie is now?

Cheers

I'm off to work

Bonnie
BonnieC
Forum Moderator

Postby Gloria Jones » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:04 am

Hey Bonnie: I'm guessing you're an outdoor type of gal. Why don't you apply to work on a golf course for the summer. Not sure if North Halton has all their staff hired yet, but there is Eagle Ridge and Osprey Valley was looking for workers recently I saw in the paper.
Dixie is living in Brampton, but still comes to town a lot. We go for walks and reminice about Georgetown. She is always asking if I have seen so and so. I recently reunited her and Mary Jane by setting up a meeting that she didn't know was going to happen. She was ALWAYS asking me if I saw MJ so I thought I've got to get these two back together. She was really surprised. We met MJ at the McGibbon and had some dances with Whitey. It was a fun night, but then MJ goes and moves away. Dixie is registered for the Homecoming.
Hope you are wearing green to work today!
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Postby BonnieC » Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:52 pm

Can I be your Caddy????
BonnieC
Forum Moderator

Postby Gloria Jones » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:43 pm

Sure, but the pay sucks!
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Postby Aligreen » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:43 pm

I'm not sure how you would go about getting copies Bonnie. I guess you'll just have to enquire.

Ali
Aligreen

Postby Lisa Copland » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:10 pm

BonnieC wrote:Ok how do I go about getting them or do I have to go to the library and photocopy????

Bonnie - do you remember my friend Geoff - the guy you picked the Disney book up from? He would be able to help you with that. Go see him at the library and he'll be able to tell you how to get copies.
Lisa Copland

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:06 am

Being away from G-Town, I enjoyed seeing the pics. Thanks. If we can get some more from around town that would be great.
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby Gloria Jones » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:56 am

Anything in particular you would like Jeff and I'll get Bonnie right on to it :wink: :lol:
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Postby BonnieC » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:03 pm

Know What? I don't even know what to say to that!!!!

:wink: however I do remember a golf pic that you made Don get rid of...hmmmm wonder if that will make a come back???
BonnieC
Forum Moderator

Postby Gloria Jones » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:50 pm

Ok, bribery works for me. I'm sorry Bonnie, please don't get Don to bring back the picture.
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Postby BonnieC » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BonnieC
Forum Moderator

Postby tessa » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:55 am

bonnie...you should get a grant for the archival work you are doing. maybe ask someone who's put in a grant application before for some help and use your work here as your resume. get a paid job doing what you seem to love doing.
tessa

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:14 am

tessa wrote:bonnie...you should get a grant for the archival work you are doing. maybe ask someone who's put in a grant application before for some help and use your work here as your resume. get a paid job doing what you seem to love doing.

Hey Tessa,

Where do you hail from? I saw a post that you were waking up on a boat or something. Give us your story. You sound interesting and polite. Good quality.
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby tessa » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:43 am

hi jeff.
well i hail from georgetown...but i'm currently living in perth, western australia, right on the indian ocean....whose sparkling waters get only as cold in winter, as lake ontario gets warm in summer. around the 22C mark. always nice for swimming, but especially so now that it is the end of summer (some end. it was 36C yesterday!) and the water is at its warmest.

i was kayaking yesterday over a living reef along the cottesloe beach. five years ago, a swimmer was killed by a white pointer there. i try oh so hard to not think of that while i'm out there. :)

as kid...the only thing i use to worry about were the snapping turtles in the credit river. now i have to keep an eye out for jaws!

btw, jeff...
my grade four teacher over at george kennedy was a mcmullen.
what are the chances?
tessa

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:54 am

tessa wrote:hi jeff.
well i hail from georgetown...but i'm currently living in perth, western australia, right on the indian ocean....whose sparkling waters get only as cold in winter, as lake ontario gets warm in summer. around the 22C mark. always nice for swimming, but especially so now that it is the end of summer (some end. it was 36C yesterday!) and the water is at its warmest.

i was kayaking yesterday over a living reef along the cottesloe beach. five years ago, a swimmer was killed by a white pointer there. i try oh so hard to not think of that while i'm out there. :)

as kid...the only thing i use to worry about were the snapping turtles in the credit river. now i have to keep an eye out for jaws!

btw, jeff...
my grade four teacher over at george kennedy was a mcmullen.
what are the chances?

Wow. I really want to visit your country as I told Al who lives there as well. Not to bring up a sad subject but you said you have to watch for Jaws. Sad about Steve Irwin EH? Glad to hear your enjoying Ausie country at it's best. I'm planning to come there soon.
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Postby jeff3mcmullen » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:03 am

Gloria Jones wrote:Anything in particular you would like Jeff and I'll get Bonnie right on to it :wink: :lol:

Credit River / Fair grounds / Schools / Cedar Vale Park / Streams / Glen Williams. / High School Renovations / Etc........
J-Mac
jeff3mcmullen

Return to Archives - The Vault Discussions