The new Vault is now open....please read.

Read Only

The new Vault is now open....please read.

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:02 am

The new Vault is now open and accessible from the main site http://www.georgetown-online.org

It is password protected, but registration is a very simple procedure:

Just "Register" the first time you access the page, it takes only a minute. I suggest using the same sign-in name you use on this message board so everyone knows who you are; password is your choice and confirmation is very fast via email.

Registered users will be able to upload (install their own photos) to the area. We do ask, when ever possible, that when uploading an image you take the time to pick the correct Category and Album and also to take a moment to describe the photo. This way we'll have photos that are easy to find and will be of interest to all of us.

I've spent several days converting the old Vault photos and descriptions to work in the new area. I've installed a number of Categories and Albums. If members would like additional Categories and Albums installed, please contact me Colin@georgetown-online.org

Please do not post copyrighted material unless you have written permission to use it. Rule of thumb for copyright in Canada and most Commonwealth countries is: Material is protected for fifty years after the author's death.

Members may also install their own personal albums in the Members Personal Albums area. Please take a few minutes to read the HELP files before asking how to use the new Gallery http://coppermine-gallery.net/index.php.

This forum has been set up for discussion of photos in the Vault.

Cheers Colin.

Vault

Postby Gloria Jones » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:32 am

Holy Smokes Colin - just checked out the new Vault. You are amazing!! It is set up so beautifully. Once again we owe you a great big thank you for all the work you have spent on this site.

Gloria :lol:
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Re: Vault

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:44 pm

Gloria Jones wrote:... You are amazing!!...

Awwww shucks mamn.....

Thank you. :) :)

How do I Edit Description

Postby Al Darby » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:26 pm

Colin,

I put up a couple of images and want to "edit" the description. How do I do that?

They're in [Public Schools & Holy Cross School]
Al Darby

How do I Replace an Image

Postby Al Darby » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:46 pm

Colin,

I wanted to "update" a previously posted image, but now there are two of them. How do I get rid of the 'original' and rename the new one?

They're in [Public Schools & Holy Cross School]
Al Darby

Postby JenG » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:40 pm

I'm confused...

I created a personal album and uploaded a pic but the pic is not showing up in my personal album. What am I doing wrong?

Oh and "personal" is spelled wrong. It says "persoanal albums"! :lol:
Jennifer
Class of 1994
JenG

Postby Al Darby » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:13 am

JLynn wrote:I'm confused...

I created a personal album and uploaded a pic but the pic is not showing up in my personal album. What am I doing wrong?

Oh and "personal" is spelled wrong. It says "persoanal albums"! :lol:
Jen,

If you go down to the bottom of the page, you'll see [Last Additions]. If you <click> on the thumbnail, it will take you to the album, which appears to be:
[Home > Georgetown Galleries > JLynn > JLynn's Album], so it's under [Georgetown Galleries], not [Personal Galleries] (now fixed)
Al Darby

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:54 am

Thanks Al.

Postby JenG » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:12 pm

Al Darby wrote:If you go down to the bottom of the page, you'll see [Last Additions]. If you <click> on the thumbnail, it will take you to the album, which appears to be:
[Home > Georgetown Galleries > JLynn > JLynn's Album], so it's under [Georgetown Galleries], not [Personal Galleries] (now fixed)

I did find it under G'town Galleries but how come it's not in the Members Personal Galleries.
Jennifer
Class of 1994
JenG

Postby Al Darby » Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:33 pm

I suspect Jen, that you accidentally uploaded the picture to a [Gallery] and not an [Album].

Try again, only this time, first create your [Album] in [Personal Galleries], then upload the picture and file it there.

If you can't get rid of the picture in the wrong location, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I'm still on my [L] plates for this thing. :lol:
Last edited by Al Darby on Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Al Darby

Postby JenG » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:29 pm

Al Darby wrote:Try again, only this time, first create your [Album] in [Personal Galleries], then upload the picture and file it there.

That is what I did but it still went to G'town.
Jennifer
Class of 1994
JenG

Postby Al Darby » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:30 pm

JLynn wrote:
Al Darby wrote:Try again, only this time, first create your [Album] in [Personal Galleries], then upload the picture and file it there.

That is what I did but it still went to G'town.
Hi Jen,

"This looks like a job for Superman!" (aka "Wannabe CotU") — Colin!

I just tried several times and got exactly the same result. There's a "problem", but have no idea how to solve it. :( :roll: :(
Al Darby

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:53 pm

I'll have a look this evening or in the morning. Right now (and for the last four hours or so, but who's counting) I'm answering site email.

Colin.

the vault

Postby Jimmer1 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:55 pm

yes Collin.....I agree.....excellent job........great layout!!!!!!!! A little tricky getting in seeing as how I forgot the part about waiting for the e-mail!!!!!

:oops: jimmer
Jimmer1

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:13 am

No problem jimmer
:) :)

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:33 am

Colin, do you have a life? Come up for air, man! Go outside and smell the roses! Four hours answering e-mail and then reading and replying to the new posts on here? We're very lucky to have someone as committed as you are to oversee things. I'll bet if we put SWMBO on here she'd agree you should be committed! :lol:

Al

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:12 pm

Its not usually this bad Al. I sent out an email to all 39 Reunion 2007 members this morning and their answers came in fast and furious; all required answering and message board set-up.

Cheers Colin

Return to Archives - The Vault Discussions