Wonderful Opportunity!

Have fun and enjoy. stories, humour, comments or whatever, but keep it in good taste, this site is viewed by all ages and religions.

Moderator: Mark Llew

Wonderful Opportunity!

Postby Petitbois » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:05 pm

I recently received the following email.
What do you think? (I'm considering my reply)
The email contains several awkward phrases and run-on sentences and grammatical errors......could that be consistent with SA educational standards? We don't know that English is his native tongue.
But $12 000 000 USD would be enough to bankroll a winter travel itinerary comparable with that of the couple near Fergus (L&B P) that lives a lifestyle we all envy...
Or to open a small chain of ice cream stores and become a dairy mogul....
Or make a substantial down payment on a house in the Beeches, in the prestigious Welsh community....
Or assist a lonely widower looking for love in all the wrong places.....

Subject: INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE NEEDED.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am Mr. James Motlatsi, transformation and Human Resources Development Chairman at ANGLO GOLD ASHANTI Of South Africa, I will be retiring by end of this year as I want to use this medium to create opportunity for my children life investment overseas before I retired, in my department I have been following up with some funds since last 6 years now I want to transfer this money to your account for investment for my son, the amount involved is (Forty Million Five Hundred Sixty Eight Thousand United States Dollars) this money comes as over interest in ANGLO GOLD ASHANTI insurance bond. I never steal it from anybody as I am a God fearing person.

If you are ready to help me receive this money in your account i will give 30% of this fund and the balance of 70% will be for my son investment in your country. I will open a Non-resident account in your name here in a bank and move the funds into the new Account; which will allow you transfer money to any account of your choice in your country. Kindly provide this below information to enable us proceed.

Full Name
Full Address
Telephone Number:
Fax Number:
Mobile Number:
Private Email:
Country of Origin:
Sex:
Marital Status:

I guarantee that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.

Thanks and god bless

Mr. James Motlatsi
74 Sandown, linden road
Johannesburg South Africa
TEL: +27 845199631
Email: mr.jamesmotlatsi@gmail.com
The Dragon Whisperer
Petitbois
Forum Moderator

Re: Wonderful Opportunity!

Postby John_Bailey » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:05 pm

Put Mark's information on it and send it back. I understand he needs the money more than you do.
John_Bailey
Forum Moderator

Re: Wonderful Opportunity! My Reply

Postby Petitbois » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:41 pm

I have replied to the email, with this response.

To: mr.jamesmotlatsi@gmail.com
Subject: Re: INVESTMENT ASSISTANCE NEEDED.

Dear James,

Thank you for selecting me to send this request to.
You must be very desperate to protect your beloved son, and I admire that. I assume you are making similar arrangements for the rest of your children, and expect that some of my friends may receive similar requests for assistance to help them out.
BTW, is this a first-come/first-served request, or is the 30% to be split amongst all who reply?
This is one of several questions I seek answers to.

From my google research, I read about your retirement, in 2011.
"DR JAMES MOTLATSI RETIRES AS A NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FROM THE BOARD OF ANGLOGOLD ASHANTI

AngloGold Ashanti announces the retirement of Dr James Motlatsi (59) from its board with effect from 17 February 2011.
Commenting on the announcement, the chairman of the board, Mr Tito Mboweni said, "James Motlatsi was appointed to the board when AngloGold Ashanti was formed in 1998 and as Deputy Chairman in 2002, and has provided invaluable guidance and support to the deliberations of the board and the work of AngloGold Ashanti as a whole. His retirement allows him the opportunity to pursue new interests. On behalf of the board and management, we extend our thanks and best wishes to James Motlatsi for the future".

Says CEO Mark Cutifani: "I have greatly appreciated James Motlatsi's deep understanding of South Africa and our mining industry and his sage advice on many issues since I joined AngloGold Ashanti. He has provided both continuity and critical leadership during these changing times and has served all AngloGold Ashanti stakeholders with great distinction. We wish him all the very best for the future".

From the comments above, you are well-respected, and must have thousands of contacts in South Africa, and globally, in the world of finance and investment.
So why have you selected me to assist you?
And why has it taken 5 years to move on this? Your letter says your retirement is at the end of the year....2016??? Why did AngloGold announce it on Feb. 17, 2011?

I wondered if the company that you retired from crashed and burned?
Unlikely, as the stock price on July 14/16 was at a recent high, with market capitalization of US $8.6 BILLIONS!
If so, was it because of your withdrawal of $40, 568,000 USD from the company coffers? Obviously, despite your protestation of innocence, anyone getting involved with embezzeled funds puts himself at high risk of joining the thief in an adjoining cell.

However, your 'chairman' position certainly paid very well.
Assuming a normal retirement after 35 years, and that a chairmanship would come only after several years with the company, even a scant five, that would give you 30 years to accumulate your nest egg.....averaging $1,352,266 a year, without even considering income tax.
However, since your appointment was in 1998, that left only 18 years to accumulate that money. Wow! You are a rich and powerful man!

I am basically unaware of your tax system in South Africa, but I did find this overview:

"1.3 Overview of taxes
Taxes that are levied by the national government of South Africa under the Act are –
•normal tax also known as income tax (see 2);
• The following taxes form part of income tax –
•employees tax, also known as Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) (see 2.4.5);
Taxation in South Africa 2015/16 2•
provisional tax (see 2.4.6);
• withholding of amounts from payments to non-resident sellers of immovable property
(see 2.4.11);
•capital gains tax (see 2.13);
• taxation of foreign entertainers and sportspersons (see 3);
•withholding tax on royalties (see 4);
• withholding tax on interest (see 5)
•donations tax (see 6);
• dividends tax (see 7); and
•turnover tax (see 8.1)."

It would appear that South Africa has a comprehensive tax system, just like here at home.

But I must admit that I am saddened by your plight as you try to protect your son's future.
How do you transfer such a large sum out of your country when authorities are tracking all such such transactions, worldwide, looking for sponsorship of terrorist organizations, or tax evaders, as in the Panama Papers?

Since it was you who sought me out, I guess the best course here is to float a trial balloon:
To show your sincerity and honesty and trustworthiness, I suggest you should make a modest deposit in my account, to show good faith.
$25000.

A mere 0.061% of your nest egg. (I do indeed understand that, given your immense wealth, you would never need me to supply any of my modest savings.)
If the transfer draws no attention from my bank, or the government of either of our countries, we can then consider proceeding.

You have obviously researched me, my background, education, and career, and therefore know much about my character. You know I am trustworthy.
You assert your own honesty. So let's test your intent.
I will leave this in your hands.

I hope to hear back from you soon and we can make arrangements to begin our co-operative partnership.

Regards,
The Dragon Whisperer
Petitbois
Forum Moderator

BTW....

Postby Petitbois » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:58 pm

Just a heads-up....

I don't expect to make a large public display or announcement when this transfer goes through. To do so would only bring out the worst in some of you/them, and I have no interest in fielding a deluge of requests for 'a small loan for old time's sake' from GDHS n'er-do-wells or Erin deadbeats or sheepherders from youknowwhere!

But....if you notice that I have not posted here for a long time....draw your own conclusions.

PB

PS: Attractive single women....please forward pictures and resumés through GTOL messages. My man, Jeeves, will check periodically.
The Dragon Whisperer
Petitbois
Forum Moderator

Re: Wonderful Opportunity!

Postby linda paul » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:42 pm

Well PB, I for one will not be asking for money, a loan or otherwise.
I know better after my previous windfall and most of you are still waiting for "the cheque in the mail".

So glad to see you here and I, for one, will be checking in more.

Hope all is well. It looks like you are enjoying the cottage and your music. Some would envy your Life. :drunk:
linda paul

Return to Oddz-n-Sodz