Quotes

Have fun and enjoy. stories, humour, comments or whatever, but keep it in good taste, this site is viewed by all ages and religions.

Moderator: Mark Llew

Re: Quotes

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:49 pm

"Anonymity has been good to me. I think of old age as the same twilight...a value in being relieved of light pollution. You start to see the fundamentals in the sky. And that's where I am now. I can see the constellations." -Van Dyke Parks (1943-)
Phantom Gtowner

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:13 am

"The most brutal, ugly, desperate, vicious form of expression it has been my misfortune to hear." -Frank Sinatra on rock and roll.
Wonder what he would have thought of hard core punk rock or rap music?
Phantom Gtowner

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:46 pm

"No nation ever taxed itself into prosperity." -Rush Limbaugh. I guess he hasn't heard about Norway and Sweden?
Phantom Gtowner

Postby Mark Llew » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:25 pm

“Those who love peace must learn to organize as effectively as those who love war.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
Mark Llew

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:35 am

"Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth!" -Mike Tyson
Phantom Gtowner

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:13 pm

It wasn't uncommon for the Beatles to be asked stupid questions during their first visit to the U.S.A. in February 1964, as a matter of fact it was the norm. When someone asked John Lennon if Ringo was the best drummer in the world he replied, "The best drummer in the world? He's not even the best drummer in the Beatles!"
Last edited by Phantom Gtowner on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom Gtowner

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 pm

"I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to." -Elvis Presley (1935-1977)
Phantom Gtowner

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:58 pm

"Scientists say that hydrogen, because it's so abundant, is the building block of the universe. I dispute that. There's more stupidity in the world than hydrogen. Therefore I think stupidity is the building block of the universe." -Frank Zappa 1940-1993.
Phantom Gtowner

Postby Mark Llew » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:03 pm

"If at first you don't succeed, then try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it." — W.C. Fields
Mark Llew

Postby linda paul » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:28 pm

If you feel the need to leave your spouse and children to "Go Find Yourself", I say, when you find yourself, tell yourself to "F" off. :clap:

Linda Paul :hide: :shit:
linda paul

Postby Mark Llew » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:58 pm

"The influence of the clergy, in an age of superstition, might be usefully employed to assert the rights of mankind; but so intimate is the connection between the throne and the altar, that the banner of the church has very seldom been seen on the side of the people." — Edward Gibbon, in The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire
Mark Llew

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:07 pm

"Be not afraid of moving slowly, be only afraid of standing still." -Chinese proverb
Phantom Gtowner

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:28 am

"Most of what the United Way funds would not need to be funded if our governments did their jobs." -Lee A. McKenna
Phantom Gtowner

Wives - Quotes

Postby Al Darby » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:29 pm

A friend sent me this list:

When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
David Bissonette

After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin; they just can't face each other, but still they stay together..
Sacha Guitry

By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.?
Socrates

The great question... which I have not been able to answer... is, What does a woman want?
Dumas

I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.
Sigmund Freud

'Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.'
Anonymous

'There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking.?? It's called marriage.'
Sam Kinison

'I've had bad luck with both my wives.?
The first one left me, and the second one didn't.'
James Holt McGavra

Two secrets to keep your marriage brimming?
1. Whenever you're wrong, admit it,?
2. Whenever you're right, shut up.
Patrick Murra

The most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once....
Nash

You know what I did before I married??
Anything I wanted to.
Anonymous

My wife and I were happy for twenty years.?
Then we met.
Henny Youngman

A good wife always forgives her husband when she's wrong.
Rodney Dangerfield

A man inserted an 'ad' in the classifieds: 'Wife wanted'. Next day he received a hundred letters.?
They all said the same thing: 'You can have mine.'
Anonymous

First Guy (proudly): 'My wife's an angel!'?
Second Guy: 'You're lucky, mine's still alive.'
Anonymous
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Postby Mark Llew » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:16 pm

“I visualize a time when we will be to robots what dogs are to humans. And I’m rooting for the machines.” — Claude Shannon

Shannon was the founder of information theory, and wrote what has been called the most important master’s thesis in history, in which he established the principles underlying digital circuit design, the basis of all computers.
Mark Llew

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:12 pm

"Man who go through turnstyle sideways at airport going to Bangkok." -Confucious
Phantom Gtowner

A thought for today's cold wave

Postby Mark Llew » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:26 pm

"Polar exploration is at once the cleanest and most isolated way of having a bad time which has been devised." — Apsley Cherry-Garrard, Antarctic explorer
Mark Llew

Postby Mark Llew » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:13 pm

"I spent 44 years of my life trying to get people to hate me and I failed." — Maurice "Mad Dog" Vachon
Mark Llew

Postby Mark Llew » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:50 pm

"The very poor constitute the last sure recourse of the hungry tramp. The very poor can always be depended upon. They never turn away the hungry. Time and again, all over the United States, have I been refused food by the big house on the hill; and always have I received food from the little shack down by the creek or marsh, with its broken windows stuffed with rags and its tired-faced mother broken with labor. Oh, you charity-mongers! Go to the poor and learn, for the poor alone are the charitable. They neither give nor withhold from their excess. They have no excess. They give, and they withhold never, from what they need for themselves, and very often from what they cruelly need for themselves. A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog when you are just as hungry as the dog."
— Jack London, in The Road
Mark Llew

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:36 am

"Sometimes the journey is more important than the desination." -Unknown
Phantom Gtowner

Postby Mark Llew » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:24 am

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." — Albert Camus
Mark Llew

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:45 am

"When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends." -Japanese proverb. (Who might I be referring to?)
Phantom Gtowner

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:17 pm

"When a single drink contains 14 teaspoons of sugar in a country with a soaring diabetes problem, maybe it's time for a little regulation." -Russell Pangborn, Keswick, Ontario
Phantom Gtowner

Postby John_Bailey » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:37 am

There is no such thing as a little regulation.
It's time for people to stop asking the government to solve all their problems before they lose all their freedom of choice.
John_Bailey
Forum Moderator

Postby Mark Llew » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:17 pm

“What day is it ?” asked Pooh.
“It’s today,” squeaked Piglet.
“My favourite day,” said Pooh
— A.A. Milne
Mark Llew

PreviousNext

Return to Oddz-n-Sodz