Happy Birthday to PB from PB

If you wish to add someone to the Birthdaze list, please post here, or anniversaries, graduations, retirements, promotions or other occasions you would like mentioned.

Moderator: Scooter1

Happy Birthday to PB from PB

Postby Petitbois » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:27 am

Congratulations, salutations and commiserations to PB, high school friend, country gentleman and guitarist extraordinaire.
Best wishes for continued good health, and the extra pocket cash that comes from now getting free prescriptions!
PB
The Dragon Whisperer
Petitbois
Forum Moderator

Re: Happy Birthday to PB from PB

Postby Al Darby » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:46 pm

Goodonya Peeb, keep racking them up.

Lucky you, my free meds don't kick in till about September and that only last till the end of the year, when the cycle restarts.
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Postby Petitbois » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:03 pm

Oh, this wasn't a self congratulatory post to myself, Al. (I'm a bit ahead of this fellow in reaching this milestone.)
No, this P. B. got older today in a village north of me..... he lurks in here, but I haven't seen a post for some time.

Just wishing him a good birthday, in case he slowed down enough to find it here.
PB
The Dragon Whisperer
Petitbois
Forum Moderator

Postby Al Darby » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:14 pm

In that case, consider my post as premature salutations!
Al Darby
Class of '54
Al Darby
Administrator

Postby Petitbois » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Al Darby wrote:In that case, sorry Peeb: I suffer from premature salutations!

And when we were young, the problem was nocturnal omissions!
The Dragon Whisperer
Petitbois
Forum Moderator

Postby JulieJane » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Petitbois wrote:Congratulations, salutations and commiserations to PB, high school friend, country gentleman and guitarist extraordinaire.
Best wishes for continued good health, and the extra pocket cash that comes from now getting free prescriptions!
PB

Oh, Happy Day to the "other" PB. Don't forget there's the $100.00 deductible to work off first. And.......make sure all prescriptions are ones that are covered. It adds up to quite a bit of a bonus - even with the $100 deductible. The Government added about another 100 meds to their list of items under full coverage. We just have to hope that we'll never need the $1,000 a month stuff that's not covered. And don't forget that FREE fishing license !
JulieJane

Postby Petitbois » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:11 pm

My timing for the fishing license was perfect- my last full three year license ran out after the season closed in 2011, so now I'm free to haul them in with a vengeance.
Well. not exactly- seniors are still subject to the limits and regulations, etc., which means possession of 5 trout/salmon combo (yes, that includes the freezer- not just the daily catch).

The irony of course is that salmon stocks on G.B. have dropped so much (due to zebra mussels, mainly, decimating the baitfish base) that there are few fish to catch now. Last summer the boat sat on the beach, on the trailer: I caught only a few bass from the dock. Instead of losing fish, I lost golf balls!
However, a fishing buddy started catching some decent salmon in our bay, so things are looking up a bit for this summer.

Trout season opens this Saturday at 12:01 am!
But that warm March weather likely means they finished their spawning run early this year- stream fishing results may be light this weekend.
The Dragon Whisperer
Petitbois
Forum Moderator

Postby JulieJane » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:48 am

"Trout season opens this Saturday at 12:01 am!"

Is Thornbury still the place to head for ?
JulieJane

Postby Petitbois » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:19 am

Actually, Thornbury (mouth) and any stream mouth that is on the Great Lakes is open all year to trout and salmon fishing.
But in the stream, creeks, rivers...you have to wait until Saturday.

(which of course has nothing to do with the extraordinary number of candles on PB's cake this week!)
The Dragon Whisperer
Petitbois
Forum Moderator

Postby mjmward » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:29 am

To the birthday boy hope all is well . We miss you and wish you a great day.Hope the only perc you need from the Gov. package is the fishing rod. Take care try and drop in before we are all gone.
mjmward

Return to Birthdaze & Other Special Occasions