Pizza Hut

This board is designed to post items and messages that are GEORGETOWN related, hopefully keeping folks up todate with what's happening in GEORGETOWN! PAST, PRESENT & FUTURE. Post away folks!. .

Moderator: Petitbois

Pizza Hut

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Pizza Hut is history in Georgetown. No surprise really. The last few times I was in there it was empty.
Phantom Gtowner

Re: Pizza Hut

Postby JulieJane » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:26 pm

We used to have two - just one left. We lost a KFC a couple of months ago and only have one of those now. We have those Popeye places but I don't really like it - too dry and salty - at least to my tastes.
JulieJane

Postby John_Bailey » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:22 am

So if Pizza Hut closed who's selling good Pizza in Georgetown ?
I still can't believe KFC left after all those years but every business has a life cycle.
John_Bailey
Forum Moderator

Postby John_Bailey » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:23 am

Seems like the Pizza Hut in Orangeville closed as well.
John_Bailey
Forum Moderator

Postby Mark Llew » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:46 pm

According to the Wall Street Journal (October 2, 2012), the conglomerate that owns Pizza Hut has shifted its emphasis away from the traditional large Pizza Hut restaurants (which are not very profitable and some of which are old and need upgrading) to delivery and carry out oriented outlets called Pizza Hut Express (which are smaller and much more profitable).

So older restaurants are gradually being closed down. Part of the trouble is that there’s so little profit that they were having trouble getting people to buy franchises. Whether the closed-down Pizza Hut later gets replaced by an Express outlet probably depends on their analysis of the local market and whether it can sustain good profits.
Mark Llew

Postby John_Bailey » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:39 pm

I just went by the Orangeville store and it's still open but if you read the reviews it's a wonder why. The reviews for Georgetown are just as bad, seems it's the sit-down part that people are complaining about. It just made me curious because they are talking about opening an express in Erin maybe in my building.
It just proves if you can't do it right don't do it stick to your core business. I read an article on Tim's that was about the same, famous for coffee and donuts so they decided they could make so many other products to sell now people won't go because it takes to long to get a coffee.
John_Bailey
Forum Moderator

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:54 pm

Who's selling good pizza in Georgetown? I like King Pizza and I like Royal too. They're more expensive but generally you get what you pay for.
Phantom Gtowner

Postby John_Bailey » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:45 pm

On a more pleasant note the Ice Cream Store is open and that can only mean one thing, it's spring. I'm sure we'll back slide once or twice but there was actually a Motorcycle there today. How about it PB.
John_Bailey
Forum Moderator

Postby Mark Llew » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:21 pm

Ah bliss ! ! !

Sitting in the sun today, a summer-like 21 degrees Celsius, eating a frozen confection at a picnic table outside Ye Olde Bailey's Ice Creame Shoppe with my wife and my Mum.

Sheer bliss, I tell you!

:D
Mark Llew

Postby John_Bailey » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:10 am

Should have called.
John_Bailey
Forum Moderator

Postby Mark Llew » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:57 pm

You're right, John -- I was hoping to see you, and we felt bad that we missed you. But it was a spur-of-the-moment thing while we were out for a drive, looking at the badlands and seeing the sights, and so we just turned off and ran up to Erin without thinking. Next time I'll remember !
Mark Llew

Nothing to do with Pizza Hut, really.

Postby Petitbois » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:22 am

John_Bailey wrote:On a more pleasant note the Ice Cream Store is open and that can only mean one thing, it's spring. I'm sure we'll back slide once or twice but there was actually a Motorcycle there today. How about it PB.

Just got back from Myrtle Beach yesterday... what a pleasant surprise to see NO SNOW on the lawn!
And thoughts turned to getting the Burgundy Beast out for a maiden run.
And to a P&C.*

However, two weeks away, combined with far too much seafood and Yuengling Amber, has increased my GVW** to unacceptable levels.
How unacceptable, you politely ask?
Well, my current coffee contains skim milk and a zero calorie sweetener..... and that was also previously unacceptable.

But a ride in the sun and a tiny P&C will surely erase a multitude of sins.
See you soon, JB.

PB

*I did have a two scoop Tom and Ben and Jerry cone while south, but though tasty, it wasn't P&C. They sure have some bizarre flavours!
** Man, if you want to look thin, hang out in the Land of Lard. I haven't seen so many fat people anywhere in Ontario. Before golfing each day, we'd have breakfast at Papa's, and half of the room would be no-neck guys with platters piled high who haven't seen their toes in several years: I don't know how they can even see the ball for a wedge shot!
But they do act as inspiration to get into shape.
And getting back to my 'cooking' will certainly make a difference.

PS: Not too surprised about Frank Vetere's/Pizza Hut closing. It was nearly empty last time I ate there. And the time before.
The Dragon Whisperer
Petitbois
Forum Moderator

Postby linda paul » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:39 am

I hear ya PB. It is so hard being away and in the Vacation Mode and eat properly. It is the same in Florida. The serving sizes are huge. We would get at least two meals from our restaurant orders.

Bob gains from 10 to 15 lbs. everytime we go away but it disappears quickly when he gets back to work.

I, am yet, to have the pleasure of a JB cone but will have to try it this summer.
linda paul

Postby John_Bailey » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:48 am

Yes there is a big difference between Canada and the US of A. I opened the Ice Cream store in 2002 and have yet to see a difference in obesity from then or from when I was a kid. The government wants us to believe we are as bad as the States but I don't see it. Then there's PB.
John_Bailey
Forum Moderator

Postby mjmward » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:17 pm

PB is special for sure. Maybe I will see you soon to. Was wondering if PB came into a windfall he forgot to mention. Like a previous friend we had. Except she flaunted it and the spent it.
mjmward

Postby linda paul » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:18 am

Wow, MJ what kind of friend would do that.
linda paul

Postby mjmward » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:27 am

Gee Linda I don't know some mean willed person. But we will get past it and move on to better days.
mjmward

Postby John_Bailey » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:01 am

John_Bailey wrote:Yes there is a big difference between Canada and the US of A. I opened the Ice Cream store in 2002 and have yet to see a difference in obesity from then or from when I was a kid. The government wants us to believe we are as bad as the States but I don't see it. Then there's PB.

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/researc ... x?id=21120
John_Bailey
Forum Moderator

Return to Georgetown @ Large