Friday March 30 News!

Read Only

Friday March 30 News!

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:45 pm

We thank the INDEPENDENT for the following information!

BIRTHS:

CHALLENGER Kevin and Leanne and big brother Caleb are thrilled to announce the safe arrival of Matthew James, born March 18th, 2007 at 2:11 am, weighing 8lbs., 1oz. Proud grandparents are Joyce and Ron Challenger of Huntsville, and James (Barry) and Pat DeGruchy of Milton. Welcomed by many excited Aunts, Uncles and Cousins and Great Grandmother Edith DeGruchy. Thank you to the amazing nursing staff, especially nurse Leanne and Donna and to Dr. Rajasingham.

DEATHS:

SOVRAN, Joan After a lengthy and courageous battle, on Wednesday March 28th, 2007 at the Georgetown Hospital. Joan, 77 years of age, beloved wife of Rino for the past fifty-six years. Loving mother of Ken and his wife Darlene, Kim Tobin and David Manuel and Kristine and her husband John Clare. Devoted grandmother of Ryan Tobin and Lindsay Sovran. Dear sister of Carol and her husband Myron Rudiak. Joan had a great love for animals and will be missed by her beloved cats Shadow and Tigger. Friends will be received at the J.S. Jones & Son Funeral Home, 11582 Trafalgar Road, north of Maple Avenue, Georgetown 905-877-3631 on Friday from 7-9 pm. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at Holy Cross Catholic Church, 224 Maple Avenue, Georgetown, on Saturday March 31st, 2007 at 1:00 pm. Cremation to follow. In lieu of flowers contributions to the Oakville Humane Society would be appreciated. To send expressions of sympathy visit www.jsjonesandsonfuneralhome.com

GREIG, George Arthur Suddenly, in Florida, on Monday March 26th, 2007. George, in his 77th year, of Orillia, formerly of Georgetown, beloved husband of June (nee Lusty). Loving father of Bill and his wife Tina of McKellar, Linda and her husband Frank Mandarino of Georgetown, Don and his wife Kathy of Orillia and Sheryl and her husband Guy Sheridan of Parry Sound. Loved grandfather of 13 grandchildren. Dear brother of Ian of Snelgrove and Betty and her husband Howard Howlett of Burlington. Friends will be received at the J.S. Jones & Son Funeral Home, 11582 Trafalgar Road, north of Maple Avenue 905-877-3631 on Sunday from 2-4 and 7-9 pm. Funeral and committal service will be held in the chapel on Monday April 2nd, 2007 at 1:30 pm. Cremation. In memory contributions to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario would be appreciated. To send expressions of sympathy visit www.jsjonesandsonfuneralhome.com

JENKINS, Valerie (formerly Cunningham) Suddenly after a short battle with cancer on Monday March 26th, 2007 at the Toronto General Hospital. Valerie (nee Kitchen), in her 59th year, beloved wife and best friend of Allan Jenkins. Loving mother of Heather and her husband Scott Hamilton. Proud Grannie of Hillary and Laura. Fondly remembered by her step children Steven Jenkins and Dana Jenkins and her many friends. Friends will be received at the J.S. Jones & Son Funeral Home, 11582 Trafalgar Road, north of Maple Avenue, Georgetown, 905-877-3631 on Saturday from 2-4 and 7-9 pm. Funeral service will be held on Sunday, April 1st, 2007 at 2:00 pm at the Augsburg Lutheran Church, 224 Mill Street, South, Brampton, on Sunday at 2:00 pm. Cremation will follow. In memory contributions to the Inter Church Health Ministries would be appreciated. To send expressions of sympathy visit www.jsjonesandsonfuneralhome.com

COLANGELO, Rocco Peacefully, surrounded by his family, on Wednesday March 28th, 2007 at the Credit Valley Hospital, Mississauga. Rocco, 74 years of age, beloved husband of Giovanna for the past fifty-two years. Loving father of John and his wife Kim, the late Carmela Stringer survived by her husband Bill, Susan and her husband Pat Ryan and Mary and her husband Philip Chiovitti. Loved grandfather of Rocco, Anne, Marie, Joseph, Michael, Joanna, Patrick, Julia and Tonio. Friends were received at the J.S. Jones & Son Funeral Home, 11582 Trafalgar Road, north of Maple Avenue, Georgetown 905-877-3631 on Thursday from 7-9 pm and Friday from 2-4 and 7-9 pm. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at Holy Cross Catholic Church, 224 Maple Avenue, Georgetown on Saturday March 31st, at 10:00 am. Entombment Glendale Memorial Gardens, Etobicoke. In memory contributions to the Cancer Assistance Services of Halton Hills. To send expressions of sympathy visit www.jsjonesandsonfuneralhome.com

IN MEMORIAM:

DUNCAN, William J. - In loving memory of a dear husband who passed away March 30th, 1999. The passing time makes you more dear, But in our hearts we know you are still here, Your pain is gone and suffering has mended, In loving arms your life ended. Greatly missed and lovingly remembered in our hearts. Wife, Kathleen and family

CRAWFORD, Robert (Doug) - In memory of my dear brother who passed away March 24th, 1994. Though your smile is gone, I still have so many memories, Of the one I loved so much. Your memories dear brother will always, Be in my heart forever. Which no one can take away from me, God has you at home, I'll always have you in my heart forever. I miss you so much Doug. You now have your brother-in-law Charlie with you. Love always your sister Ellen I'll see you all on the other side.

RICHARDSON, Marion March 31st, 2000 Just seven years ago today Since our sad sorrows fell, But in our hearts we mourn the loss Of her we loved so well. The world may change from year to year And our friends from day to day, But never shall the one we love From memory fade away. Love, George, Beth, Angela and Doug
NICHOLL, Norah - In loving memory of a dear wife and mother, Norah Nicholl, March 30th, 2005. If all the world was ours to give, We'd give it - yes and more, To see your loving smile once again, And greet you at our door. How oft there comes before us, Your dear face, kind and true; For death can never take away, Our memories of you. With love from, Husband Harold and all the family

NICHOLL, Norah - In loving memory of a dear wife and mother, Norah Nicholl, March 30th, 2005. If all the world was ours to give, We'd give it - yes and more, To see your loving smile once again, And greet you at our door. How oft there comes before us, Your dear face, kind and true; For death can never take away, Our memories of you. With love from, Husband Harold and all the family

HARLEY, Gord - In loving memory of a dear father, grandfather and great grandfather who passed away March 31st, 2000. Your cheerful smile, your heart of gold, You were the best this world could hold, Never selfish, always kind, These are the memories you left behind. Sadly missed and lovingly remembered by, Anne and Jack, Doug and Cathy, Rod and families

"MAY YOU REST IN PEACE AND GOD BLESS YOU"

Return to Archives - Georgetown @ Large