The Leaf debate!

Read Only - Includes messages from both "The Anything Forum" and "The Good Morning Forum".

The Leaf debate!

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:13 am

:roll:
In the news the so call experts are throwing around the names of CLIFF FLETCHER and PAT QUINN as the two men that could save the LEAFS, your thoughts!

Postby Gloria Jones » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:29 am

Well if they call back Pat Quinn, they better order a bunch of humble pies! :lol:
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Postby Phantom Gtowner » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:17 pm

Who was the idiot who fired Cliff Fletcher in the first place? Fletcher made a couple of the greatest trades in Leaf history, he knows hockey inside out and he's committed to winning.
Phantom Gtowner

Postby Michael » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:10 pm

I'm no expert, but the history does speak for itself.
Michael

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:15 pm

Phantom I agree with you, but the Leaf brass has never been known to be smart, but heck why do they have to, their making money. The place is always sold out regardless of the quality of product in the rink. If folks would stop buying everything with a MAPLE LEAF on it and not spend the high prices to go and eat their $4.00 Hot Dogs, then maybe they would have to come up with a winning team to bring back the HOCKEY FANS!

Postby jester1-2 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:47 am

Looked into going to a game when we were there. At $100 each for a standing ticket with an obstructed view in the alcohol free area decided to watch on TV. How they can justify this is stupid. People should try not buying any tickets or merchandise for a year and see if things change....... :twisted: :twisted:
jester1-2

Postby Jamie South » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:52 am

ballard is turning over in his grave, now that cliff is back. ferguson did not, he may have did nothing, just as ballard would have done. people are still coming out, why do anything. but ferguson forgot something. he didnt own the leafs as ballard did, dummy. fletcher did little in some peoples eyes but come draft time, he is going to need money, to secure some new rookies, but some no-trade clauses may be reversed, if the cash is right, cliff didnt have time for a big deal before trade deadline, but come this summer, i think he maybe doing some wheeling and dealing. sorry im a die hard fan, go leafs go
Jamie South

Postby Mark Ezard » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:31 am

Well, well, it looks like Mats has a bow-bow and won't return for the last two slaughtering to his team of the regular season, what a shame. I don't blame him for not wanting to show up and be further embarrased for not coming anywhere close to making the playoffs.

For my Habs on the other hand, its gonna be another two easy points tonight and then kick TO's ass on Sat night.

Ah...life is good!!
Mark Ezard

Postby Michael » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:28 pm

jesteronetwo wrote:Looked into going to a game when we were there. At $100 each for a standing ticket with an obstructed view in the alcohol free area decided to watch on TV. How they can justify this is stupid. People should try not buying any tickets or merchandise for a year and see if things change....... :twisted: :twisted:

I think this has a lot to with it. On the other hand, the Habs could sit back and pull in the bucks, but they don't. They have Habitant pride. Vive le Habs!
Michael

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:22 pm

Michael not to sure about that, seems like the teams in Quebec have to win or go the route of both the Nordiques and the Expos! That is my humble opinion, but I watched it happen!

Postby Michael » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:38 am

Don Fendley wrote:Michael not to sure about that, seems like the teams in Quebec have to win or go the route of both the Nordiques and the Expos! That is my humble opinion, but I watched it happen!

I don't know about Quebec, but the Habs are sold out AND win.
Michael

Return to Archives - Anything in General