Hockey Pool

Read Only - Includes messages from both "The Anything Forum" and "The Good Morning Forum".

Hockey Pool

Postby Michael » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:55 pm

Anyone interested in doing it again? I'll pay the $20 again.
Michael

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:57 pm

I would be in if you think there is still time!

Postby Michael » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:01 pm

Yep...we just insert ourselves into this portion of the season and go by what's left.
Michael

Postby Michael » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:02 pm

This is so weird. In between posts, I'm taking up algebra questions with my class. :lol:
Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:35 pm

At school, the teachers have an NFL football pool. I know nothing about the NFL, but I join in. I'm currently in first place and have won three weeks out of the total so far. Each week's winner receives a prize so I've received double the entry fee. With a couple of weeks left, I could win the the big prize. :lol:
Michael

Postby Michael » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:18 pm

One week left, Don, in this football pool. I didn't take this past week's prize, but I did well enough to pull in the lead with three points ahead of second of the pack of about five of us (out of over 30, I believe). I swear I just simply guess. We'll see what happens with this last week. In the mean time, I've been buying lottery tickets, scratch-and-wins, and ProLine tickets to see if I can catch the statistical wave of luck. If I win 30 million, we'll all be partying. :lol:
Last edited by Michael on Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:21 pm

:)
Sounds good to me Michael, hope you have a great NEW YEARS!
Take care!
Don

Postby colbuki » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:15 am

I've been MIA with all the festivities but I'll take a SWAG on some players for a team just to give you someone to mock later on in the season if it's running :lol:
colbuki

Postby Michael » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:27 pm

Firstly, the football pool: The second place lady gained enough on me to tie for first place so we split the first and second prizes equally.

Secondly, the hockey pool: With Don, Kim and I that makes three. How about two more folks? It's free....
Michael

Postby Michael » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:18 pm

ATTENTION

The hockey pool has been registered. More info soon.
Michael

Postby Lisa Copland » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:15 am

Okay Mikey - I'm in. I'm gonna have to consult my resident hockey experts tomorrow to give you my team though.

Now if you wanted a pool to predict the winners of the upcoming BMO Financial Skate Canada National Championships - that I could do on my own!
Lisa Copland

Postby Michael » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:23 pm

Awesome! I have two member's teams plus mine so far. I'm waiting for two more to come, then LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!
Michael

Postby Michael » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:59 pm

So far the list of contestants is as follows.

Don Fendley
Lisa Copland
Michael

and waiting for confirmation from

colbuki
a mystery someone or two, but I'm waiting.
Michael

Hockey Pool

Postby deeds30 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:42 pm

I have a resident hockey expert here too, so if I can be the proxy, Dave would like in...
deeds30

Re: Hockey Pool

Postby Lisa Copland » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:17 pm

deeds30 wrote:I have a resident hockey expert here too, so if I can be the proxy, Dave would like in...

Ha - yours might really be an expert - mine is a figure skating boy who used to play hockey many years ago! Pretty sure you can take me!
Lisa Copland

Not too sure

Postby deeds30 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:45 pm

He is a Calgary Fan and hates the Leafs...so there are a few debates in our home when the blue and white are on the screen...wait, he may have something there... :lol:
deeds30

Postby Michael » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:01 pm

You're in Dee Dee!

Now Kim...where are you?

She was one of the first to declare intent. All I need to start the pool are Dee Dee's 10 players and Kim's team also.
Last edited by Michael on Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Michael » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:07 pm

THERE IS STILL TIME LEFT!!!!

Send me a quick list of ten players as follows.

I registered a pool at www.officepools.com under the name "gtol" and your entry password is "guest". Once you've entered, you can change your password.

There's nothing there now, because I haven't entered any teams. When I do enter the teams, the points are not awarded retroactively. Points begin when I enter the teams.

Here's the pool:

Select 10 players (forward or defense) as your top ten point earners in the league. Remember that points begin now.

Get back to me with names and teams names. I'll look them up on the website list, enter them in for you, and LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Get back to me soon.
Michael

Postby Michael » Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:06 am

I have the following teams:

Don Fendley
Lisa Copland
deeds30
Michael

and I'm waiting for

colbuki
any one else that will give me 10 names shortly.
Michael

Postby Michael » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:25 pm

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!

Login and check it out.
Michael

Postby Michael » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:51 am

1st Deeds30 9
2nd Michael 7
3rd Lisa Copland 6
4th Don Fendley 5
5th Colbuki 2
Michael

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:17 pm

Way to go deeds, Kim I hope your injured guys are only down a short time, the first results indicate once all teams play that our players are on, it should be quite competitive!

Postby Michael » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:20 pm

1st Deeds30 14
2nd Michael 13
3rd Lisa Copland 12
4th Don Fendley 11
5th Colbuki 9
Michael

Uh oh

Postby deeds30 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:54 pm

Sid the kid is going to be out for a while with an upper ankle sprain...the lead may go down the tank! Can we trade?
deeds30

Re: Uh oh

Postby Michael » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:31 am

deeds30 wrote:Sid the kid is going to be out for a while with an upper ankle sprain...the lead may go down the tank! Can we trade?

Dee Dee asks a good question.

I am not opposed to trades, but in this case, we all have Crosby, so it's fair.
Michael

Next

Return to Archives - Anything in General